The Student Room Group

Bulgarian Medical University Admission 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by angieburkhardt
Hey guys!! I’m applying to MU Sofia and Im currently studying for the admissions exam. Im half Bulgaria and half German, however I’m applying for the English program bc I did the IB.

I think it would be such a good idea to create a WhatsApp or insta groupchat so we can help each other and meet before uni starts. I was looking into interhecs but it seemed really expensive to me, however their introduction week was the only thing that looked nice to me. Sooooo if any of you guys would like to get into contacttt or make a groupchat so we can talk a bit before it starts my insta is @itsangelinab 😄😄😄

I think this is a really good idea especially since being added to the WhatsApp group for interhecs is just part of the standard and premium plan...I can DM you through Instagram if that's ok : )
Also, if there are any UK students applying for Sofia MU medicine, feel free to send me a private message on tsr!
Reply 61
Original post by BlackWidow09
I am applying through Interhecs as well and was not able to apply to Trakia because Interhecs kept messing up the deadlines. I am now considering Sofia or Pleven

Same here...I originally wanted to apply for Plovdiv, but we missed the deadline for that. I have applied to Sofia MU, butapparently sofia is really competitive this year so I'm also considering Pleven as well.
Reply 62
Original post by Sanah2022
(Original post by Fa01)Heyy what agencies would you recommend

HELLO, i am going through INTERHECS

how is experience so far?
Reply 63
Original post by dorito_23
Same here...I originally wanted to apply for Plovdiv, but we missed the deadline for that. I have applied to Sofia MU, butapparently sofia is really competitive this year so I'm also considering Pleven as well.

how to prepare for the test
Reply 64
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

I am looking for accommodation too, would like to have a flat mate. I got a seat in Trakia University
Ready to share flat with vet students or med students Looking for female flat mates only.
Any leads please do suggest.
I am Indian by nationality but residing in Dubai.
Thanks

how to prepare for the test please
Reply 65
yo, so im going plovdiv idk if i should actually go though well i got in but like i have the option to either go plovdiv or take gap year and get into an accounting apprenticeship at a big 4 firm soo ye idk.
Reply 66
Original post by Xxabs15xX
yo, so im going plovdiv idk if i should actually go though well i got in but like i have the option to either go plovdiv or take gap year and get into an accounting apprenticeship at a big 4 firm soo ye idk.

i mean it depends...if you really want to do med then i would say stick to medicine in plovdiv, but i guess if you're considering something else, you're not too attached to doing medicine
Original post by MrAlevels
Hi! Im a Medical student studying in Bulgaria and Ive made this thread for the 2023 applicants. I am more than happy to help anybody with information and questions they have. I have talked to many students and know which agency is good and which arent. Im enjoying studying at Sofia Medical University. The application is very hectic at first and I have here to help anybody with any questions

Here are the English teaching Medical programmes in Bulgaria:

Plovdiv Medical University
-Faculty of Medicine: General Medicine in English, 6 year program: 2 years of pre-clinical study, 3 years of clinical study, and one year of state clinical practice /internship/;
-Faculty of Dental Medicine: Dentistry in English, 6 year programs;

Sofia Medical University
-Faculty of Medicine: General Medicine in English, 6-year program;
-Faculty of Dental Medicine: Dentistry in English, 6-year program;
-Faculty of pharmacy: pharmacy in English, 5-year program;

Varna Medical University
-Faculty of Medicine: General Medicine in English, 6 year program,
-Faculty of Dental Medicine: Dentistry in English, 6 year program,

Pleven Medical University
-Faculty of Medicine General medicine in English, 6 year program,
-General medicine in English, 6 year program

Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski,

Trakia University Stara Zagora

Do you know the term dates and holidays for first years 2023/2024 in Plovdiv MU?
Anyone going to Varna MU?
Original post by Zz2018
(Original post by MrAlevels)Hey everybody, sorry for not checking this page lately, If anybody needs help please dm me and I will give you my Instagram @. I don't check student room that much so Instagram is much easier. I can give really good advice as I know students that have gone through each agency and I can tell you which ones are the best.

again please dont hesitate to contact me:smile:

we can't send any PM, how to contact you if not PM?

could you please send me your @
Original post by Husna1
Is anyone from the UK applying to dentistry for Sofia medical school 2023?

I am :smile:
Original post by h.afg
im with interhecs

im with interhecs too rn and they're acc very helpful. prices are reasonable too and if you wanna study in bulgaria id check their website and look for dimitar.

hey i just wanted to know does inter secs guarantee your admission im thinking of applying for the 2024 academic year for dentistry and i wanted to know
Reply 72
Original post by emilia 1234
I am :smile:

hey, I want to apply to plovdiv for dentistry, but I have heard that many students after graduating abroad find it hard to come back to the uk to work as it takes a long time for documents and paperwork to be approved by the GDC. Does anyone know of any dentists currently working in the uk that have studied in Bulgaria, and what was the process like when coming back to the uk and getting employed?
Is anybody from USA planning on studying in Varna medical school?
I am trying to find out the process after you finish school what is needed to be a Doctor in the USA
Hi! Im a Medical student studying in Bulgaria and Ive made this thread for the 2023 applicants. I am more than happy to help anybody with information and questions they have. I have talked to many students and know which agency is good and which arent. Im enjoying studying at Sofia Medical University. The application is very hectic at first and I have here to help anybody with any questions

-Faculty of Medicine: General Medicine in English, 6 year program: 2 years of pre-clinical study, 3 years of clinical study, and one year of state clinical practice /internship/;

Sofia Medical University

Varna Medical University

Hello! I want to study medicine and I am from Greece . I am interested to study in Sofia in 2024 because I like the city and the university is very good. If I meet the admission requirements will I get in? Also does your leaving certificate ( from your last grade in high school) will participate in my final ranking ( if u get in ) or only the grades in chemistry and biology of my leaving certificate take place in the ranking ( expect from the fact that I should have c grades in the leaving certificate and at least 60% in chemistry and biology).Is Sofia easier to get in than the other universities in Bulgaria? Thank you so much.

Sofia Medical University

Varna Medical University

Hi I was wandering whether students with a bachelor in biomedical science or clinical science can apply from year 3 onwards instead of redoing pre clinical years and if so is it accepted by the UK when you have transferred credits?

Sofia Medical University

Varna Medical University

hi, i'm an a-level student in the UK who wants to apply to Sofia and Plovdiv and was wondering if you could give me instructions/steps on where to start and carry on my application process, including preparation techniques and resources for the entrance exams, guidance on visa, document preparation and accommodation.

if anything important comes to your mind that you can help me with that i have missed out please let me know.
Hi,
Please can you kindly send me more details. I am new to this so i dont know how to.pm.you
Reply 78
Don't apply to Inter Hecs they are the worst in terms of providing correct advise and support and they also took my advance money of £500 with no conscience despite me withdrawing from the process after 1 week. They had not done any admin work!! Not professional!
Reply 79
Don't apply to Inter Hecs they are the worst in terms of providing correct advise and support and they also took my advance money of £500 with no conscience despite me withdrawing from the process after 1 week. They had not done any admin work!! Not professional! Thus was 2023 intake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending