The Student Room Group

University Of Surrey Medical School

Hi,

I am aware that Uni of Surrey have announced their medical school for graduate entry, applications are open and admission begin at Feb 2024. But there isnt any thread regarding this and very little information is available. Is it confirmed that they are accepting Home students and any idea regarding the number of places available
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question - or may be a better place to post your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2023 Admissions Tests:
UCAT 2023 Discussion
BMAT 2023 Discussion
GAMSAT 2023 Discussion
UCAT 2023 Results

Other application years:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Reply 2
Original post by Michael Reid
Hi,

I am aware that Uni of Surrey have announced their medical school for graduate entry, applications are open and admission begin at Feb 2024. But there isnt any thread regarding this and very little information is available. Is it confirmed that they are accepting Home students and any idea regarding the number of places available

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/graduate-entry-medicine#entry They will reveal the rest of the info in due course
At the open day they said 4 home places, and all of those have to have at least two widening access/participation criteria.

Hi,

It is an independent medical school for internationals only….except the few subsidised spaces for Home students who live in Surrey/Hampshire/Sussex and who meet widening participation criteria. Odd way to fill a gap in the doctor market. More likely a cash cow for the university.
Original post by csnow2018
It is an independent medical school for internationals only….except the few subsidised spaces for Home students who live in Surrey/Hampshire/Sussex and who meet widening participation criteria. Odd way to fill a gap in the doctor market. More likely a cash cow for the university.

Oh it must be [a money making thing]. I’m applying because I’m local and meet the criteria, but I agree, it’ll be a few cohorts before it serves to make a meaningful dent in the shortage! Unless the international students stay, of course 😊😊
Hi,

Hi Michael,

It's great to hear that you are looking at the University of Surrey!

In terms of the Medical School at Surrey, I would suggest looking at this website: www.surrey.ac.uk/medicalschool and the course page: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/graduate-entry-medicine. This is where you can find out more details about the school, the course and application details!

Regarding home students, we are accepting 4 UK students on a scholarship basis only, and the criteria for this is here https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/graduate-entry-medicine#scholarship

Although the UCAS deadline has passed, we will be accepting applications through UCAS Extra which opens in February 2023. If you would like to leave your email address with [email protected], we will make sure you are kept updated of any developments.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Becca (Final Year Psychology Student)
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi Michael,

It's great to hear that you are looking at the University of Surrey!

In terms of the Medical School at Surrey, I would suggest looking at this website: www.surrey.ac.uk/medicalschool and the course page: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/graduate-entry-medicine. This is where you can find out more details about the school, the course and application details!

Regarding home students, we are accepting 4 UK students on a scholarship basis only, and the criteria for this is here https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/graduate-entry-medicine#scholarship

Although the UCAS deadline has passed, we will be accepting applications through UCAS Extra which opens in February 2023. If you would like to leave your email address with [email protected], we will make sure you are kept updated of any developments.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Becca (Final Year Psychology Student)

Is the UCAS Extra for home students on the Medicine programme and do you know how many interviews there will be as there’s limited spaces?
Original post by socialtourist0
Is the UCAS Extra for home students on the Medicine programme and do you know how many interviews there will be as there’s limited spaces?

Hi there,

Unfortunately I am not sure on how many interviews there will be. If you would like more information on applying and the process then I would suggest contacting our admissions team who can help you further: [email protected].

In terms of UCAS Extra: please find some more information here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices#who-can-use-extra

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Becca
(Final Year Psychology Student)
Hi everyone, I am thinking to apply for Chester on September, Is there any other international students applying this year as well? This is for 2024 entry.
Reply 10
Hi,

Do you know if there will only be 4 places for home students for 2024 entry too?

Thank you
Reply 11
Hi Everyone, I was thinking to apply to Surrey, Does it have any cut off for the UCAT score? My score is less, so I wanted to know how is the selection process at this uni? Please if anyone can help, I would really be grateful.
Original post by Abhi20026
Hi Everyone, I was thinking to apply to Surrey, Does it have any cut off for the UCAT score? My score is less, so I wanted to know how is the selection process at this uni? Please if anyone can help, I would really be grateful.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398058

Threshold is 2300 but your rank against the applicant cohort. Interviews given top down
(edited 7 months ago)
Is there only 4 uk home places for 2024 entry (applying this year) ?
Original post by sunshine777333
Is there only 4 uk home places for 2024 entry (applying this year) ?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398058

yes two are reserved for deferred offer holders

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending