The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Scholarship email

I've received an email saying I may be eligible for a scholarship for St Andrews and they've sent it twice to tell me not to wait for applying to one until I receive an offer for St Andrews (Biochemistry), does this email mean anything?
Reply 1
My son has received the same email for this year’s entry ( different course), may I ask what the outcome was for you?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by 1oak
My son has received the same email for this year’s entry ( different course), may I ask what the outcome was for you?

Hi there I seen your reply to this, my daughter has received the same email, can I ask if you have anymore information regarding such scholarships or if you have had any outcome yourself? Many thanks
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there I seen your reply to this, my daughter has received the same email, can I ask if you have anymore information regarding such scholarships or if you have had any outcome yourself? Many thanks

When we looked into the scholarships my son wasn’t eligible, unfortunately. Best of luck to all who are though.
We have also received the 2nd email, this one refers to your circumstances may indicate’, OP, does yours say the same?
Having had a quick look at the eligibility criteria nothing in my son’s application seems to indicate that we would and we would not be eligible for a means tested award. Seems a little odd and would appreciate any advice from previous years’ applicants.
Many thanks.
Original post by Anonymous #2
We have also received the 2nd email, this one refers to your circumstances may indicate’, OP, does yours say the same?
Having had a quick look at the eligibility criteria nothing in my son’s application seems to indicate that we would and we would not be eligible for a means tested award. Seems a little odd and would appreciate any advice from previous years’ applicants.
Many thanks.
Did your email have an asterisk next to the “your circumstances may indicate”? If so, it should say at the bottom what that means, for me it was simply fee status (RUK) and country of domicile (England), not anything specific. If you are also RUK and live in England I presume it’s for the same reason.
It seems that they probably send this to all RUK applicants, even though many won’t be eligible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending