The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Hey! I'm in Year 13 and have accepted an unconditional place at Hull for September 2023, I'm from Hull myself so still have the option of living at home. I was wondering whether anyone (as in from Hull and moved out/stayed home) has any opinions on what they've done?
Hey I’ve accepted my place to Hull Uni too. I got an unconditional. Even though I live near the area i applied to accommodation at Westfield Court.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by chillwildlife
Hey I’ve accepted my place to Hull Uni too. I got an unconditional. Even though I live near the area i applied to accommodation at Westfield Court.

Hey, thank you! In the end I've decided to stay at home (at least for the first year). What course did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by keirah47
Hey, thank you! In the end I've decided to stay at home (at least for the first year). What course did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?

I applied to History
Reply 4
Ah, I applied for Geography (BSc) :smile:
Ah, I applied for Geography (BSc) :smile:

Oo double humanities subjects then haha. I’m excited tbh. Maybe we’ll bump into each other, when are you going for your holder day?
Reply 6
Oo double humanities subjects then haha. I’m excited tbh. Maybe we’ll bump into each other, when are you going for your holder day?

Yes haha, I went yesterday! It was quite interesting really, especially since I hadn't been since June last year, when's yours?
Yes haha, I went yesterday! It was quite interesting really, especially since I hadn't been since June last year, when's yours?

Aw mines April 5th aha, what happens there do you meet lectures / people on your course?
Reply 8
Aw mines April 5th aha, what happens there do you meet lectures / people on your course?

Ahh, shame haha! Yeah so there's a welcome talk where they talk about uni and a student's week-in-the-life kinda thing and then you have lunch with your faculty (each department has a specific place and the rooms are split up into subjects, that's a really rubbish explanation but it's well signposted lol) so you can meet tutors and current students and other applicants. Then you get taken to your subject's facilities where they talk about the course and what's on offer and you do some activities. The rest of the day you can do as you please. Like I went to look at the library (because my dad hadn't seen it before and I love it haha) but then there's campus tours, city tours, accommodation tours and others talks about student finance and stuff I think. I didn't really know what to expect but it seemed well organised and was quite interesting actually haha - sorry that was such a long response lmao
Ahh, shame haha! Yeah so there's a welcome talk where they talk about uni and a student's week-in-the-life kinda thing and then you have lunch with your faculty (each department has a specific place and the rooms are split up into subjects, that's a really rubbish explanation but it's well signposted lol) so you can meet tutors and current students and other applicants. Then you get taken to your subject's facilities where they talk about the course and what's on offer and you do some activities. The rest of the day you can do as you please. Like I went to look at the library (because my dad hadn't seen it before and I love it haha) but then there's campus tours, city tours, accommodation tours and others talks about student finance and stuff I think. I didn't really know what to expect but it seemed well organised and was quite interesting actually haha - sorry that was such a long response lmao

No it’s all good aha at least I know what to expect now. I mean I live near hull and work there anyway so I know it pretty well haha.
Reply 10
No it’s all good aha at least I know what to expect now. I mean I live near hull and work there anyway so I know it pretty well haha.

That's okay then haha! So do I, I'm not in the city centre but live in like a village (idk if that's the right word lol) nearby so I'm like 20 minutes ish from the university which is why I'm just going to drive when I visit campus - plus this way I can keep my current job and save money for fun stuff lmao
(edited 1 year ago)
That's okay then haha! So do I, I'm not in the city centre but live in like a village (idk if that's the right word lol) nearby so I'm like 20 minutes ish from the university which is why I'm just going to drive when I visit campus - plus this way I can keep my current job and save money for fun stuff lmao

Omg I live in a village and learning to drive haha. I have my test in June and I want to keep my job.
Reply 12
Omg I live in a village and learning to drive haha. I have my test in June and I want to keep my job.

I don't know if it's classed as a village haha... like it's not city centre but it's not in the middle of nowhere but then I didn't want to say suburbs without it looking like I was trying to make myself seem really posh lmao. I've booked my test for a few months time but have firmly put it out of my mind and I love my job so there is not a chance I'm leaving haha!
I don't know if it's classed as a village haha... like it's not city centre but it's not in the middle of nowhere but then I didn't want to say suburbs without it looking like I was trying to make myself seem really posh lmao. I've booked my test for a few months time but have firmly put it out of my mind and I love my job so there is not a chance I'm leaving haha!

I live in somewhat of a ghost town but it’s not awful aha. Hopefully I can pass first time so I can bring my car to uni haha.
Reply 14
I live in somewhat of a ghost town but it’s not awful aha. Hopefully I can pass first time so I can bring my car to uni haha.

sounds fun then haha! where i am we have a few little retail parks but for proper shopping i either go to hull or beverley but it's pretty decent. oh gosh im the same, id have to get two buses to uni which is just not ideal so fingers crossed for us lmao
Literally same! I mean we only really have a school and a pub so nothing special going on. Where I live I really need to pass my test though haha
Reply 16
Literally same! I mean we only really have a school and a pub so nothing special going on. Where I live I really need to pass my test though haha

it sounds kinda like a cute little village haha, my area is more just housing but like everything you need (chain store wise) except for your shopping days out so its kinda ideal haha! yep it would make things so much easier, its going to happen haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest