The Student Room Group

university sport

I'm an applicant who will join the university this September and I'm new to university sports. I want to know more about the sports competitions in university, especially Varsity and BUCS..

I'm aware that there are also local competitions or internal tournaments within each university, but I'm curious about how these national competitions work. How do you qualify for them? How often do they take place? What are the benefits of participating in them?

If anyone has any experience or information about Varsity and BUCS, please share your experienced. I would appreciate any advice or tips on how to get involved in university sports.
Original post by Slater11
I'm an applicant who will join the university this September and I'm new to university sports. I want to know more about the sports competitions in university, especially Varsity and BUCS..

I'm aware that there are also local competitions or internal tournaments within each university, but I'm curious about how these national competitions work. How do you qualify for them? How often do they take place? What are the benefits of participating in them?

If anyone has any experience or information about Varsity and BUCS, please share your experienced. I would appreciate any advice or tips on how to get involved in university sports.

BUCS:
https://www.bucs.org.uk

Varsity:
https://www.studentsportcompany.com/news/uk-university-varsity-everything-you-need-to-know/

To compete in either of the competitions, you'll need to be selected by your sports team. The specifics regarding the competitions will vary depending on the sport.
Original post by Slater11

Do you play any games at the moment? Any at county level?

Quick Reply

Latest