The Student Room Group

British Physics Olympiad AS challenge 2023

Hi- I'm doing the AS BPhO on Friday and was going over some past papers but I can't follow all of the mark schemes and there's no explanation for the answers for the multiple choice questions- does anyone know if someone's made some more extended solutions to the problems and posted them anywhere?
there should be an explanation there somewhere
Reply 2
How was it?
(edited 1 year ago)
Tricky!! I found it pretty time pressured and I knowthat I got a bunch of questions wrong and I skipped quite a few…
But I know lots of other people who found it hard too so hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!!
Reply 4
which part of it did you find the hardest?
Umm all of it tbh- the question with the wedge and the rod was near impossible but I skipped a whole bunch of other ones so they might have been even harder but I just didnt get time to give them a go!! How did everyone else find it?
Could you remember any of the questions, as I would like to look at some to challenge myself. What were the main topics and what were the hardest ones
Most of the multiple choice ones are were ok but it was just some of the longer answer ones thatvwere tricky- I can’t really remember exactly what they were asking but I think they’ll put it on their website soon and there are more papers there you can have a look at if you want

https://www.bpho.org.uk/past-papers/as-challenge
What we’re the questions
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for this year?

Quick Reply

Latest