The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

UoA gave me the wrong offer?

Hey guys, so today I got a conditional for uni of abdn however it was for AA at higher and I am only sitting one higher this year and one NPA (level 6) which is a pass/fail so I can only get one A. Surely they aren't allowed to give offers like this? I'll take any advice as it's my first choice uni. TIA!!
Original post by ashywashy1
Hey guys, so today I got a conditional for uni of abdn however it was for AA at higher and I am only sitting one higher this year and one NPA (level 6) which is a pass/fail so I can only get one A. Surely they aren't allowed to give offers like this? I'll take any advice as it's my first choice uni. TIA!!

Hi @ashywashy1,

It sounds like it is definitely worth getting in touch with the Admissions Team to clarify this. Mistakes can happen when issuing offers. It's possible that they have just issued the wrong condition and are willing to consider your one higher and NPA for the course, but it is also possible that they are under the impression you can achieve AA at higher level. The only way to find out is to get in contact with the uni. I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Officer
Oxford Brookes University
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Hello, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. I'm very sorry that this has happened, and as the above poster says it is likely down to a mistake. I've sent you a direct message with the best point of contact for this issue. Give us a shout if you need any more help!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Reply 3

update - I contacted the university and they have admitted it was a mistake however the offer is not going to change.
update - I contacted the university and they have admitted it was a mistake however the offer is not going to change.

Apologies for the delay, I've sent you another message to follow up.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending