The Student Room Group

Law advice

Unexpectedly decided to go for a law degree - Alevel results were better than expected. I didn't go through normal UCAS route, just called uni's directly yesterday. I have emailed offers from University of Hull (option for a year placement in year 3). Also, an offer from the Uni of Leicester - can't see that they offer a placement though. Torn which one to pursue as surely a year placement is much better, reading the reviews Uni of Leicester has a better reputation. Once they have emailed the offers is there a chance they can withdraw? I only ask this as I only have 120 UCAS points and note the entry requirements are much higher for Leicester...could they be waiting and only pick and choose who they officially offer to? even after I've had an email stating "welcome to Leicester....etc". Any pointers welcome, I never dreamt I would be in a position to study law, so I'm very excited. Thank you
Reply 1
Hi I’m going to Leicester for LLB law this September and I applied through clearing. I got ABC but the clearing requirement was BBB but they gave me an offer since it was equivalent. They give you a certain time period in which to accept the offer. Once you receive an offer they can’t withdraw until the certain time limit given to you
Original post by laila.04
Hi I’m going to Leicester for LLB law this September and I applied through clearing. I got ABC but the clearing requirement was BBB but they gave me an offer since it was equivalent. They give you a certain time period in which to accept the offer. Once you receive an offer they can’t withdraw until the certain time limit given to you

Hi Laila,

Thanks for your reply and well done on your results. Looks like we're on the same course! On Thursday they made a verbal offer and then an emailed offer, they asked me to firm up within 5 days - sent that back yesterday and I'm just about to confirm my accommodation. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong at this stage. Did you go over there on Saturday to look round?
Reply 3
Original post by Lishes Vlogger
Hi Laila,

Thanks for your reply and well done on your results. Looks like we're on the same course! On Thursday they made a verbal offer and then an emailed offer, they asked me to firm up within 5 days - sent that back yesterday and I'm just about to confirm my accommodation. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong at this stage. Did you go over there on Saturday to look round?

Yes I went to the clearing accommodation tour in Saturday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending