The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Psychology - Paper 1,2 and 3 (H567) - [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by HashTag556
What are the chances of us coming back on here on results day lol

On a real, hope everyone does well and gets the grades they deserve and want :smile:

Ahahah I want to know what everyone got so I hope quite a Few do 🤣
Reply 301
Hey everyone! How did you all do?? I got an A* 😁😁😁off to study medicine
Original post by Tinyy7

Congratulations :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Tinyy7

Got an A and I’m ecstatic, off to study psychology at my firm choice 🎉🎉
I got an A*!!! 228/300. I’m buzzing : )
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 305
A* got 234 absolutely buzzing with it :smile:
Original post by Tinyy7
How’s everyone feeling??? Next week is the first paper! Im just doing past papers at this point, I really hope my timing is good because I need as much time as possible for section B lol

hey im retaking psychology this year too on my own but i dont know how to mark my past papers as the markscheme isnt always clear, how did you mark yours??
Reply 307
Original post by maryam.678
hey im retaking psychology this year too on my own but i dont know how to mark my past papers as the markscheme isnt always clear, how did you mark yours??

My mum found an OCR examiner to mark my papers for me, I would send them and she would mark xxxx

I used to mark section a multiple choice myself, I would mark the stats section on RM paper myself except from the section B long answer question.

Sometimes I would have to just give myself a band of marks rather than a set mark which was sometimes useless (for papers I marked myself) because the OCR psychology mark scheme is atrocious !!!!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Salaalalaa192993
I did child psychology then criminal psychology, I do the questions in obnoxious orders 😭

what was the criminal question!?
Hi, does anyone have any recourses for all OCR psychology for paper 1-3.
Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on how to actually revise OCR psychology?
Reply 311
Original post by Maariya02
Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on how to actually revise OCR psychology?

Even if you dont 100% know the content I would seriously just recommend doing exam papers. That’s all I did, exam questions and TIMED papers. For paper 3 especially timing is the absolute worst, I still ended up running out of time in my paper 3. I would also focus on trying to remember results, sample, etc , basically the small details if you can for the case studies as they like to see how well you know them for top marks
hey does anyone have any exemplar answers or know how to structure the ethnocentric 15 mark questions for crime and environmental e.g. Discuss whether research relating to the effects of imprisonment is ethnocentric
Reply 313
Original post by Maya123&
hey does anyone have any exemplar answers or know how to structure the ethnocentric 15 mark questions for crime and environmental e.g. Discuss whether research relating to the effects of imprisonment is ethnocentric
hi best way to do it is
1) define ethnocentrism in CONTEXT of environmental or criminal psychology
( so basically define and make sure you use the word crime or environment )
2) e.g If it’s on crime then say how crime IS ethnocentric so you pick a case stufy and say how it was ethnocentric for example was their results or conclusion ethnocentric. Give a summary sentence including the word ethnocentrism
3) say how crime is NOT ethnocentric so for example did you look at a study that had low ethnocentrism, when describing this make sure you give a quick outline of the study in ahour a sentence and go into detail on how it was / wasn’t ethnocentric
4) pick one more for or against ( try use minimum of 2 different studies that’s what I got taught)
5) conclude, if you have 2 for ethnocentrism then say in conclusion criminal psychology is ethnocentric as the research done in this field of psychology usually has EG ethnocentric samples seen in XXX’s study and ethnocentric conclusions seen in XXX’s study
The different numbered points should be separate paragraphs
This is a basic template for a less specific ethnocentrism quesyion, for urs you have the particular study already given to you it’s the one on effects of imprisonment which was my zimbardo if I remember correctly. You would give 3 points to 3 parts of his study that were ethnocentric. Was his sample ethnocentric as they only used a particular demographic of people? If yes, then use this as a point. You don’t have to think of 3 different elements, if you can argue that his sample also to an extent NOT ethnocentric then say however, it could be argued it wasn’t ethnocentric as …..

Hope this helps
Any more Q’s I’m happy to help I managed to get a A* in psychology
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Tinyy7
hi best way to do it is
1) define ethnocentrism in CONTEXT of environmental or criminal psychology
( so basically define and make sure you use the word crime or environment )
2) e.g If it’s on crime then say how crime IS ethnocentric so you pick a case stufy and say how it was ethnocentric for example was their results or conclusion ethnocentric. Give a summary sentence including the word ethnocentrism
3) say how crime is NOT ethnocentric so for example did you look at a study that had low ethnocentrism, when describing this make sure you give a quick outline of the study in ahour a sentence and go into detail on how it was / wasn’t ethnocentric
4) pick one more for or against ( try use minimum of 2 different studies that’s what I got taught)
5) conclude, if you have 2 for ethnocentrism then say in conclusion criminal psychology is ethnocentric as the research done in this field of psychology usually has EG ethnocentric samples seen in XXX’s study and ethnocentric conclusions seen in XXX’s study
The different numbered points should be separate paragraphs
This is a basic template for a less specific ethnocentrism quesyion, for urs you have the particular study already given to you it’s the one on effects of imprisonment which was my zimbardo if I remember correctly. You would give 3 points to 3 parts of his study that were ethnocentric. Was his sample ethnocentric as they only used a particular demographic of people? If yes, then use this as a point. You don’t have to think of 3 different elements, if you can argue that his sample also to an extent NOT ethnocentric then say however, it could be argued it wasn’t ethnocentric as …..
Hope this helps
Any more Q’s I’m happy to help I managed to get a A* in psychology

Hey thank you for this. Well done on getting an A*, I'm hoping to achieve an A* too. What you said sounds great so for this question, could I say that gilis and Nafekhs is ethnocentric as it only uses prisoners from canada and there could be differences in the amount of support that prisoners may receive in terms of employment from their families as there may be a greater support network in some cultures. Then I'd probably have another paragraph on saying zimbardo's ethnocentric and a final one for not ethnocentric-this is sort of where I'm struggling in. I was thinking of mentioning restorative justice as this simply depends on how willing the prisoner is on engaging with it and doesn't depend on culture. I generally find the not ethnocentric paragraphs difficult across the topcs, what kind of things could be good to mention when saying research isn't ethnocentric?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending