The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Psychology - Paper 1,2 and 3 (H567) - [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by happycheese423
i have a nasty feeling that either sec B/C of paper 2 will be cognitive...i hope it isnt but i just have a hunch

Wasnt it cognitive last year for section C Paper 2? I think it will be developmental or social or something
Reply 21
Original post by Cxnnorjackson
It’s going to be Wilson and Kelling. Crime prevention hasn’t come up before so I just know they’re going to use our year as the scape goat! Revision wise I’m just making sure I know all the content like the back of my hand. Means I can spend less time thinking about what I’m going to write about as the paper has so many long answer questions it’ll be easy to run out of time. Good luck, you’ll be fine. Remember to mention the question within every point you make to ensure you’re actually answering it. It’s such an easy way to get capped and so many people do it!!

Yesss I think it might be Wilson and kelling, or they will throw us off and it will be completely different as last year on the advanced info it was Dixon and Wilson and kelling
(edited 11 months ago)
Is it quite likely to be pre adult brain development for child psych?
Reply 23
Original post by Biologywiz18229
Hows everyone doing in terms of the core studies papers? Is it just me who struggles with the comparison of debates??

for me its evaluating the study and then comparing them. also idk the links between gould and hancock they are so different its annoying
Reply 24
Yeah sure it’s being marked at the moment and I’m probably going to get it back tomorrow so I’ll send you a picture of it when I get it back.
What grade are you working towards for psych? if you don’t mind me asking

Hi, do you think you could send it to me too please :smile: Thank you
Reply 25
How’s everyone feeling??? Next week is the first paper! Im just doing past papers at this point, I really hope my timing is good because I need as much time as possible for section B lol
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Tinyy7
How’s everyone feeling??? Next week is the first paper! Im just doing past papers at this point, I really hope my timing is good because I need as much time as possible for section B lol

Nervous about section B, but section A and C will hopefully be fine
Reply 27
Original post by pk04
Nervous about section B, but section A and C will hopefully be fine

Yeah true it’s just section B, I’ve made sure to lead the stats tests inside out so no surprises 😂
Hi for the mental health section i reckon its going to be Rosenhan or Szasz. I do Crime and Child Psych and im predicting that its going to be Hall and Player or Wilson and Kelling for crime and then have no clue for Child Psych might be Johnson's impact of advertsiing but idk.
What are you predicting? Also how are you revising for the applied paper?

This is what I’m expecting as well
Reply 29
There’s literally so so so much to know for the applied paper, I actually wish we got asked less questions on multiple of the topics so the revision of all 6 topics is actually you know.. worth it lmao, it only being 1 but having to learn 6 is killing meeeee
Reply 30
Original post by Tinyy7
There’s literally so so so much to know for the applied paper, I actually wish we got asked less questions on multiple of the topics so the revision of all 6 topics is actually you know.. worth it lmao, it only being 1 but having to learn 6 is killing meeeee

Nah fr though, like why am i being made to revise 12 topics just to be tested on 2. I'm hoping I do well enough on papers 1 and 2, so that my marks on paper 3 don't matter too much 😭
Reply 31
Original post by pk04
Nah fr though, like why am i being made to revise 12 topics just to be tested on 2. I'm hoping I do well enough on papers 1 and 2, so that my marks on paper 3 don't matter too much 😭

Lmaooo ikr
Original post by nikocado
for me its evaluating the study and then comparing them. also idk the links between gould and hancock they are so different its annoying

you could talk about social sensitivity, usefulness and gould’s suggestions in standardising IQ tests supporting psychology as a science? I know it’s hard to compare these two.

Original post by Tinyy7
Yesss I think it might be Wilson and kelling, or they will throw us off and it will be completely different as last year on the advanced info it was Dixon and Wilson and kelling

and they got johnson and young. any child predictions because i think most studies have come up but with crime it is unpredictable as raine has come up twice. i’m thinking barkeley-levenson’s gambling might come up as it’s the only child study that hasn’t come up.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 33
Let’s be honest guys OCR already hate us enough so even though I’m making predictions I’m still revising all 6 equally for crime and sport lmao I’m so nervous if people can’t tell already
Reply 34
The answer will probably be no but does anyone have maybe Like a print out of the section C article from 2019 paper 2 and/ or nov 2020 paper 2, trying to do the past papers and on the website its all greyed out thanks
im so glad we get to get research methods and core studies out of the way before the half term. Good luck guys
Reply 36
Good luck for research methods tomorrow everyone. I'm sure everyone will be on here after the exam ready to talk about it lol
Reply 37
Guysssss how was it!! I found the reliability 6 marker hard and im surprised it was experiment again! It was last year as well
Original post by Tinyy7
Guysssss how was it!! I found the reliability 6 marker hard and im surprised it was experiment again! It was last year as well

Should I make this the chat for all three papers and keep it all in the same place?
Reply 39
Original post by Evil Homer
Should I make this the chat for all three papers and keep it all in the same place?

Yeah if you could x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending