The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 1 (Y101-Y113) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Danmccourt
why do you think tory dominance will appear or is it just a gut feeling lol?

it was on the 2021 paper so probs not
Reply 21
Original post by fkjaha298e82
anyone have predictions for pitt-to-peel? or any resources on foreign policy pls it's so confusing. i hate this topic so much, it's so boring and all over the place

I reckon foreign policy will probably come up in one of the questions because it was cut out last year. Maybe the Great Reform Act as well? For sources I'm thinking maybe Chartists but honestly who knows. I would put some extra weight into revising foreign policy but other than that just cover everything and you'll do fine (obvious advice I know). Maybe try breaking foreign policy down into different sections - e.g. make an essay plan for Pitt as a war minister, one for the rest of the French wars, one for Canning, one for Castlereagh
Does anyone know what came up for the early tudors in 2022?
Reply 23
Any one doing early stuarts and origins of civil war i am begging
Reply 24
Hey I'm doing Britain 1930-1997 and I really hate the source questions. Does anyone have any tips?
anyone do anglo saxons :smile:
Original post by top-lushness
Hi! Does anyone else do England 1445-1509 (Wars of the Roses)?

How are people feeling about it? Any predictions? (:

Hey, I’m doing War of the Roses as well. My class are looking forward to it. I’m hoping for a Henry VI 30 marker and a Richard III or Henry VII 20 marker. What about you?
Original post by frenchgrace
Does anyone know what came up for the early tudors in 2022?

source was on succession crises under edward and mary but i do later tudors so idk about the essays
Original post by Kahootchamp
Hey, I’m doing War of the Roses as well. My class are looking forward to it. I’m hoping for a Henry VI 30 marker and a Richard III or Henry VII 20 marker. What about you?

Sources will definitely have smth to do with Henry VI’s reign as it’s confirmed in the exam board spec, I have a feeling it’ll be on someone else though (maybe York? could be possibly Somerset?) or like a few battles or uprisings??

I have a pretty strong feeling it’ll be Henry VII for one of the essay optjons, they put him on EVERY. YEAR. , clearly just love him loads

I’m kinda hoping for an Edward IV question, I feel like he gets neglected in the essay question a lot and he’s got the most to talk about ig?

After the first OCR history paper (which was Russia) who knows!! All my predictions for that one were wrong and the questions were weird af so honestly could be anything 😭😭
Reply 29
Original post by ClowdyScy
Yeah there's never been one on wilderness years yet, and that should hopefully be easy enough
Conservative domination was on the 2021 paper though so that might not be too likely

There hasn't been one on 1951-64 except once in 2018 i believe.
Reply 30
Original post by Izzy-B
Hey I'm doing Britain 1930-1997 and I really hate the source questions. Does anyone have any tips?

Introduction of whether the sources agree or disagree with question then lead with judgement. 4 paragraphs, for each source, start with what the view is and the criteria. Then do the structure COP, so content which is the content of the source so the quotes then own knowledge to back up the point. then the provenance which i use the structure NOP which is nature then origin and purpose which is about the reliability. Then conclusion to back up the introduction. :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 31
Does anyone know what the 2022 essays were for britain 1930-1997? And what topic the source was?
Reply 32
Original post by owdoyle
Does anyone know what the 2022 essays were for britain 1930-1997? And what topic the source was?

The source was how Churchill managed relations between Britain and USA. essay questions were "Assess the seriousness of the problems facing the Labour governments of 1974-1979." "Scandal and sleaze were the most important reasons for the defeat of Major in 1997. How far do you agree."
Original post by top-lushness
I have a pretty strong feeling it’ll be Henry VII for one of the essay optjons, they put him on EVERY. YEAR. , clearly just love him loads

I’m kinda hoping for an Edward IV question, I feel like he gets neglected in the essay question a lot and he’s got the most to talk about ig?

icl I do love Henry VII. I’m praying for a question on him since we did Tudor Foreign Policy for Unit 3 so there’s a lot of crossover.

On the other hand, I hope Edward IV does get neglected he’s the most boring of them all imo.
Original post by hiilikesushi
does anyone have prediciotns on early tudors paper?

Yes plsssss share if u do
Reply 35
Does anyone know what the 2022 essays were for britain 1900-51?
hopefully nothing comes up
Original post by tiredstudent234_
anyone doing britain 1930-1997 have any prediction on what could come up. have a feeling conservative domination might and really hope the 30 marker is on the wilderness years
Original post by tiredstudent234_
anyone doing britain 1930-1997 have any prediction on what could come up. have a feeling conservative domination might and really hope the 30 marker is on the wilderness years

I think it is most likely to be on something such as the bombing offensive of Germany (as that had never come up and the wilderness years has come up in other questions) and for the essay I think it will likely be one on Britain and the Wider World and then possibly one on Heath and how successful was he.
Reply 38
Me, do you have any predictions

Original post by xo.lizziee
anyone do anglo saxons :smile:
Original post by Kahootchamp
icl I do love Henry VII. I’m praying for a question on him since we did Tudor Foreign Policy for Unit 3 so there’s a lot of crossover.

On the other hand, I hope Edward IV does get neglected he’s the most boring of them all imo.

hey! i made a separate thread a while ago specifically for y105 lancastrians and yorkists if it's easier for us all to talk on there?

the link is https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7346228

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending