The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 1 (Y101-Y113) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Guggz
i did first para was it was successful- talked about his rex pacificus and treaty of london 1604 and cleves de julich and qualified with oh but wasn’t successful cos war still broke out and enemy this that
second one was about thirty years war and how the foreign policy was unsuccessful
last one was about the spanish match and the failures
and overall unsuccessful
i wanted to do religon 😭 but i had no clue what did you say?

para on problems from catholics, talking about like how he responded to the gunpowder plot and him issuing the book of sports, him finding a spanish match etc and how he was generally tolerant of them concluding his religious toleration was successful at reducing catholic threat from plots

para on problems from puritans, the millenary petition and how he dealt w it with the hampton court conference, and then puritan response to his policies like the book of sports and religious toleration, concluded that he didn’t keep them perfectly happy but it was overall successful as he didn’t face any major puritan threats apart from disputes in parliament

para on problems from arminians which was harder but talked about like the rise in arminianism, appointment of arminians into his privy council etc and said he was successful at responding to growth in arminianism (talked a bit about puritan MPs reaction to this etc.)

so i concluded he’s successful as he was able to like reduce threats from each group i think it was alright
Reply 81
Original post by ed729781
para on problems from catholics, talking about like how he responded to the gunpowder plot and him issuing the book of sports, him finding a spanish match etc and how he was generally tolerant of them concluding his religious toleration was successful at reducing catholic threat from plots

para on problems from puritans, the millenary petition and how he dealt w it with the hampton court conference, and then puritan response to his policies like the book of sports and religious toleration, concluded that he didn’t keep them perfectly happy but it was overall successful as he didn’t face any major puritan threats apart from disputes in parliament

para on problems from arminians which was harder but talked about like the rise in arminianism, appointment of arminians into his privy council etc and said he was successful at responding to growth in arminianism (talked a bit about puritan MPs reaction to this etc.)

so i concluded he’s successful as he was able to like reduce threats from each group i think it was alright

that’s makes sense
Original post by mmsilim
Guys for later tudors I picked the 3rd q (social and economic problems 1588-1603), are these good points?
- Poverty
- Inflation
- Class divisions (talked about purveyance and monopolies here)

Yeah those are good points I did similar ones, I did poverty, monopolies/purveyances, and war.
For Tudors that source question was definitely 'something'. The sources got gradually worse and worse, what on earth was source D, I think it was talking about the state of Churches before visitations were made with Protestants trashing the place beyond repair or that it was very neglected, especially considering it was in 1557 at the end of Mary's reign. No idea what to write about provenance for that one though.
Reply 84

also sorry for bothering what we’re your like however points that oh it wasn’t the army becuse i said it was charles attitudes himself
Original post by Guggz
i did first para was it was successful- talked about his rex pacificus and treaty of london 1604 and cleves de julich and qualified with oh but wasn’t successful cos war still broke out and enemy this that
second one was about thirty years war and how the foreign policy was unsuccessful
last one was about the spanish match and the failures
and overall unsuccessful
i wanted to do religon 😭 but i had no clue what did you say?

Yeah I chose the foreign policy one as well. It seemed a lot more straightforwards than the religion one. Document Question I said sources A and D agreed whereas B and C didn't really agree.
Reply 86
Original post by sleepingcows
Yeah I chose the foreign policy one as well. It seemed a lot more straightforwards than the religion one. Document Question I said sources A and D agreed whereas B and C didn't really agree.

oh my days thank goodness cos i got scared that C supports i guess you could really write it how you wanted. what was your however points like if they didn’t support what was the argument
Reply 87
Original post by sleepingcows

tbf both questions were quite narrow and both james i was so upset wanted at least one charles 😭
I was super confused by source C too but said it partially supports 😬 I said that source A and B's argument was that Charles was responsible and D's was that some of the army were responsible but due to divisions not fully.
Original post by Guggz
oh my days thank goodness cos i got scared that C supports i guess you could really write it how you wanted. what was your however points like if they didn’t support what was the argument
Reply 89
Original post by emilyyvictoriaa
I was super confused by source C too but said it partially supports 😬 I said that source A and B's argument was that Charles was responsible and D's was that some of the army were responsible but due to divisions not fully.

okay thsts what i did but i said A and D support but to an extent and for A i mentioned counter like oh it’s actually charles and then B i said charles and C i was so confused i said that partial but i wrote it last and didn’t finish so that’s funny 😭
Original post by Toastybathtime
For Tudors that source question was definitely 'something'. The sources got gradually worse and worse, what on earth was source D, I think it was talking about the state of Churches before visitations were made with Protestants trashing the place beyond repair or that it was very neglected, especially considering it was in 1557 at the end of Mary's reign. No idea what to write about provenance for that one though.

The dead cat one was such bs there were barely any facts you could use.
Hardly any provenance you could do for any of them except source A tbh. Really would've expected Renard and Foxe in a question like that.
Reply 91
also… what do you guys normally get in terms of marks at skl because our teacher is super strict so i never have a sense of what i’m working at
Early Tudors the part A was hard but part B was actually blessed.
Henry VIII foreign policy was literally the best question they possibly could've asked.
Reply 93
Original post by J.W.O
The Pitt to Peel questions were lovely

Sources on Corn Law repeal were great, essay on Pitt's economic and trade policies also amazing.

The other essay on the Peninsula War seemed a lot harder but didn't have to do it so alls good.

knew they were gonna do corn law, was so happy when i saw it come up haha
Reply 94
Original post by Guggz
also sorry for bothering what we’re your like however points that oh it wasn’t the army becuse i said it was charles attitudes himself

YEAH i said a lot about that for source b in particular, his attitudes and actions
Original post by drs.vud.192
The dead cat one was such bs there were barely any facts you could use.
Hardly any provenance you could do for any of them except source A tbh. Really would've expected Renard and Foxe in a question like that.

I mean you could talk about how they made the cat wear vestments mockingly which could be against the Act of Repeal which brought back vestments due to it undoing all the Edwardian reformation. Also making the cat hold a paper circle thing which could resemble bread at Communion and they were also mocking that. For provenance you could write quite a bit for Wriothesley, he was as religiously conservative, worked for Mary and had the point of view of a well-connected London citizen.
Reply 96
Original post by Guggz
also… what do you guys normally get in terms of marks at skl because our teacher is super strict so i never have a sense of what i’m working at

very varied, i’m predicted an A* but don’t generally do well on the source questions (prediction based off our y12 mock which was done on an interpretation question and a 20 marker) , i got 14 on the first one i attempted and the highest one that’s been marked i’ve done is 23, i got 21 for y13 mock
generally i do better on the 20 markers and get like strong level 5s/level 6s so like 15-18
Reply 97
very varied, i’m predicted an A* but don’t generally do well on the source questions (prediction based off our y12 mock which was done on an interpretation question and a 20 marker) , i got 14 on the first one i attempted and the highest one that’s been marked i’ve done is 23, i got 21 for y13 mock
generally i do better on the 20 markers and get like strong level 5s/level 6s so like 15-18

i see it’s only cos our teacher she’s acc a psycho once i literally just to see if she’s annoying copied a full exemplar and she gave me 11 on the 20 marker like i honestly do not know what she wants 😭 and for the interpretation i get 20 all the time it’s so annoying and she’s always like people get A* in the real thing you’ll be shocked like maybe that’s because of your marking… telling us the entire 2 years we have not improved
Reply 98
Original post by Guggz
i see it’s only cos our teacher she’s acc a psycho once i literally just to see if she’s annoying copied a full exemplar and she gave me 11 on the 20 marker like i honestly do not know what she wants 😭 and for the interpretation i get 20 all the time it’s so annoying and she’s always like people get A* in the real thing you’ll be shocked like maybe that’s because of your marking… telling us the entire 2 years we have not improved

omg what 😭 that’s crazy
Reply 99
Original post by Toastybathtime

Yeah it was very weird when I saw it I was worried I couldn't have much to write but I touched on the fact it was written in 1557 which was a few years after the vast majority of Mary's de jure counter-reformation (stuff like second act of repeal etc. was all the way back in 1554 and earlier) so the government's intentions switched from enforcing Catholicism to making sure that churches are kept in order

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending