The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 1 (Y101-Y113) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Churchill was all 4 wilderness topics (India, Abdication, Wartime leader, rearmament), I'd anticipate a wartime topic like bombing (was it justified?) next year. 1951-97 was Ted Heath and 1951 election. I anticipated Heath doing same thing you did lol. Foreign policy hasn't come up since 2018 but I wouldn't count on it coming up next year. Personally, I think they completely abandoned it because examiner reports said nobody picked it so a waste of a question. Ask your teachers what was on the AS paper which they do a few weeks before you too because they never put the same Qs on the A-level paper as well. Helped me a lot.
Original post by azurefiestypony
Can someone tell me what the questions for Britain 1930-97 were this year? i’m gonna try and prioritise topics that have come up less frequently before y13 starts and i have no time
Original post by Toastybathtime
I'm not too sure about last year but I think one of the questions was on MQS.

My teacher said later years has come up every year and the exam board love setting it so I find it likely it would be that something like that such as: "The most serious problem for Elizabeth I and her government in the years from 1588 to 1603 was the unrest in Ireland" or "How serious an impact did war have on the Elizabethan regime after 1588" or "How serious a threat to Elizabeth were the social and economic problems of the 1590s".

Also last year they got rid of economy and society for the advanced information so that might come up as a general question such as "How serious were the financial problems facing Elizabeth in 1558". But they have never asked about government either so they are both likely to come up.

For the source questions my teacher said maybe Edward's religious policy such as "How popular were Edward's Protestant Reformation" and possibly the Wyatt Rebellion as I am feeling a bit hungry for a rebellion question.

what did the tudors source question and essay questions end up being?
Original post by MA-HI05
Churchill was all 4 wilderness topics (India, Abdication, Wartime leader, rearmament), I'd anticipate a wartime topic like bombing (was it justified?) next year. 1951-97 was Ted Heath and 1951 election. I anticipated Heath doing same thing you did lol. Foreign policy hasn't come up since 2018 but I wouldn't count on it coming up next year. Personally, I think they completely abandoned it because examiner reports said nobody picked it so a waste of a question. Ask your teachers what was on the AS paper which they do a few weeks before you too because they never put the same Qs on the A-level paper as well. Helped me a lot.

ur acc a lifesaver tysm 🫶🫶

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending