The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 2 (Y201-Y224) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone doing cold war in europe? predictions?
Reply 21
Original post by xo.lizziee
anyone doing Cold War in Asia; any predictions??? my guess is Korea / Post WW1 Asia as last years paper was entirely Cambodia / Vietnam :smile:

I’m hoping China comes up and thinking maybe stalemate for Korea as outbreak and outcomes have come up before !
Reply 22
Anyone doing Italian Unification?
If anyone is doing Y221 Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919–1963 then does anyone have access to the 2022 paper if so pls can u send the link to a pdf or something on here pls
Reply 24
is anyone doing international relations and what predictions do u have
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by abdulmuturrehman
If anyone is doing Y221 Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919–1963 then does anyone have access to the 2022 paper if so pls can u send the link to a pdf or something on here pls

Sure I'll attach here
Reply 26
Does anyone know what structure to follow when answering an 'assess' question? Obviously you have to discuss many different factors and weigh up their importance but with other questions, like 'to what extent' questions, I'll discuss three factors and look at the strengths/limitations of each factor before coming to a conclusion. With asses questions though, is it possible to have your first paragraph on the issue in the question and then your other paragraphs on different factors and link it to show that the named factor isn't the most important because these ones actually are? Hope this makes sense :smile:
Reply 27
Anyone doing unit Y220 (Italy 1896-1943)? How we feelin? I’m praying it goes well, it’s my last one!
Reply 28
Original post by ajs.g
Anyone doing unit Y220 (Italy 1896-1943)? How we feelin? I’m praying it goes well, it’s my last one!

I’m doing something similar. It’s the Italian Unification from 1796 to 1891 i think.
Reply 29
america westward expansion and civil war
Reply 30
Cold War in Europe predictions?
Original post by 123egrt
Cold War in Europe predictions?

the advanced information from last year says the key topics were the development of the cold war (46-55)and the end of the cold war (64-95), and from what I have gathered that means anything from Soviet control in the development and the Economic and social problems in the USSR to the arms race at the end of the period. I don't know exactly but I have a sneaky feeling that the 10-mark questions will probably be something to do with the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan contrasted with Reagan because that was one of the 10-markers in 2018 and OCR like to reuse questions
Original post by humanoid_freak
Does anyone have any predictions for Germany 1919-1963? Already bricking it, and have Early Tudors to deal with tomorrow first! :afraid:

They didn't ask KI4 last year so that will most likely come up, and the only 20 marker for West Germany they have asked was on a sample paper so it is definitely possible a question like: 'Foreign policy of the Federal Republic of Germany was its greatest success in the years 1949-63, how far do you agree'.

Also a 20 marker for Weimar hasn't come up in a while and they have never directly asked about Stresemann so a question like: 'Foreign policy was the greatest success of Stresemann, how far do you agree'.

Maybe an economy 20 marker such as 'Germany was never able to achieve a total war economy, how far do you agree' or 'How successful were Nazi economic policies from 1933 to 1939' but I am not too sure about that.

Possibly a Volksgemeinshaft question too such as 'How successful were Nazi policies towards women' or 'Assess the reasons why the Nazi party was so concerned about the education of young people in Germany'. I would definitely cry if I saw these questions.

But this is OCR and knowing them they would ask another racial policy question for a third time they are so unpredictable, so don't take what I say as granted and your best bet is to revise everything.
Reply 33
French revolution and napoleon predictions?
Original post by mkyriak1610
I’m hoping China comes up and thinking maybe stalemate for Korea as outbreak and outcomes have come up before !

id love china but I think it came up 2021 so I feel like that's too close :frown:
Original post by shalva_rosen
the advanced information from last year says the key topics were the development of the cold war (46-55)and the end of the cold war (64-95), and from what I have gathered that means anything from Soviet control in the development and the Economic and social problems in the USSR to the arms race at the end of the period. I don't know exactly but I have a sneaky feeling that the 10-mark questions will probably be something to do with the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan contrasted with Reagan because that was one of the 10-markers in 2018 and OCR like to reuse questions

if this helps question 1 last year was: which contributed more to detente - salt talks or ostpolitik (10), 'ideological differences were the main cause of tension in the grand alliance' how far do you agree (20)

question 2 was - which contributed more to the end of the cold war - economic + social problems in the ussr + eastern europe or political developments in the ussr and eastern europe (10), assess the importance of atomic weapons in the development of the cold war 1946-55 (20)
(edited 10 months ago)
Thank you so much for all this info!! I truly had no clue what kind of questions would come up, and truth be told, I feel like I was never taught how to answer questions for certain topics. Praying that a simply-worded question of some kind will come up.
I'll be focusing on Nazi economic and racial policies then I think, as well as Golden Years. Should be good on a BRD foreign policy, so I hope that one comes up!!
Thanks again!
Original post by Toastybathtime
They didn't ask KI4 last year so that will most likely come up, and the only 20 marker for West Germany they have asked was on a sample paper so it is definitely possible a question like: 'Foreign policy of the Federal Republic of Germany was its greatest success in the years 1949-63, how far do you agree'.

Also a 20 marker for Weimar hasn't come up in a while and they have never directly asked about Stresemann so a question like: 'Foreign policy was the greatest success of Stresemann, how far do you agree'.

Maybe an economy 20 marker such as 'Germany was never able to achieve a total war economy, how far do you agree' or 'How successful were Nazi economic policies from 1933 to 1939' but I am not too sure about that.

Possibly a Volksgemeinshaft question too such as 'How successful were Nazi policies towards women' or 'Assess the reasons why the Nazi party was so concerned about the education of young people in Germany'. I would definitely cry if I saw these questions.

But this is OCR and knowing them they would ask another racial policy question for a third time they are so unpredictable, so don't take what I say as granted and your best bet is to revise everything.
Does anyone do the South Africa - Aparthied and reconciliation paper? I feel like the only one on the planet doing it! We never got taught how to write a 10 marker any tips? 🤔
Reply 38
Original post by Guggz
america westward expansion and civil war

same hoping there's a westwards expansion and native americans combo
Original post by aklikethechoppa
if this helps question 1 last year was: which contributed more to detente - salt talks or ostpolitik (10), 'ideological differences were the main cause of tension in the grand alliance' how far do you agree (20)

question 2 was - which contributed more to the end of the cold war - economic + social problems in the ussr + eastern europe or political developments in the ussr and eastern europe (10), assess the importance of atomic weapons in the development of the cold war 1966-55 (20)

you're a star thank you so much! good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending