The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 2 (Y201-Y224) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username5823724
Does anyone do the South Africa - Aparthied and reconciliation paper? I feel like the only one on the planet doing it! We never got taught how to write a 10 marker any tips? 🤔

Yeh really need some tips for 10 markers also, is it PEEL x2?
Reply 41
Is anyone doing the Crusades topic? and How do you structure your answers? good luck everyone for tomorrow!
Reply 42
Original post by Neha.k123
same hoping there's a westwards expansion and native americans combo

last year rthere was 2 native america i reckon its civil war or sectional tension do you have any predictions?
Original post by Lara_Lizzie

PEEL x2 and a conclusion, you need a very consistent line of argument and try not to write too much, analysis is more important than a narration of what happened :smile:
Reply 44
a paragraph on each factor
- make 3 points on significance / importance

conclusion
- come to a fully reasoned conclusion comparing the two factors in terms of specific aspects of significance

this is the structure i was taught, hope it’s helpful

Original post by Lara_Lizzie
Reply 45
Original post by user110866
a paragraph on each factor
- make 3 points on significance / importance

conclusion
- come to a fully reasoned conclusion comparing the two factors in terms of specific aspects of significance

this is the structure i was taught, hope it’s helpful

Hey! What would you say as structure for the 20 mark essay?
Hey everyone! :smile: How was this morning's exam?

A-level History

Reply 47
I may be overthinking but my 20 marker the actual essay was really good but for my plan I wrote barely anything I hope my examiner doesn’t have some unconscious bias because of that
How did my USA in the 19th century guys find it? I did Q2 - easy as pie
Reply 49
Original post by Kahootchamp
How did my USA in the 19th century guys find it? I did Q2 - easy as pie

it was calm icl but then i realised it said 1850-61 lol what were your factors for the 20 marker and what did you say for the 10 marker i think the 10 marker was good
what did you guys pick for french rev and napoleon?
I expected double postwar but double DDR for Germany? Baf news for a lil guy like me who had barely revised East Germany. Made up loads of statistics but it's fine I think BC my 20 marker was solid
Reply 52
Napoleon but bcs i revised it. French rev was way better
Original post by siskalfbsla
Reply 53
oh my ******* god second 20 marker for germany was a dream
Reply 54
The first question for Germany was so dodgy (like wtf were you meant to write for that 10 marker), but the second question was alright. Kind of waffled a bit with the 10 marker because idk anything about East German society but the 20 marker was fine. I didn't finish my conclusion though so hopefully they don't knock off too many marks for that

One of my friends wrote about West Germany accidently for the 10 marker, do you reckon they'll get a zero or still get a few marks? Cause obviously they are having a bit of a mental breakdown right now (and yes this is actually for a friend, I know how it looks lol)
Reply 55
Original post by siskalfbsla

I did the 2nd set of questions - I was really happy how it turned out! I was scared we were gonna get something niche like last years paper!
did anyone have cold war in europe? what are we thinking abt the paper
Reply 57
Original post by juicygcse
The first question for Germany was so dodgy (like wtf were you meant to write for that 10 marker), but the second question was alright. Kind of waffled a bit with the 10 marker because idk anything about East German society but the 20 marker was fine. I didn't finish my conclusion though so hopefully they don't knock off too many marks for that

One of my friends wrote about West Germany accidently for the 10 marker, do you reckon they'll get a zero or still get a few marks? Cause obviously they are having a bit of a mental breakdown right now (and yes this is actually for a friend, I know how it looks lol)

HELPPP I DID THAT TOO I THOUGHT THEY MEANT FRG that’s so bad oh well x
Reply 58
Original post by Sighhh4
HELPPP I DID THAT TOO I THOUGHT THEY MEANT FRG that’s so bad oh well x

Honestly, I don't know why they use the German acronyms, like it is an exam for English speaking students? Do they just want people to fail lol. But tbf it is only 10 marks, like only 5% of the whole A level so you can still do really well anyway. Just enjoy the fact that history is done now and try not to stress about results day
Reply 59
america and civil war anyone??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending