The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 2 (Y201-Y224) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by juicygcse
Honestly, I don't know why they use the German acronyms, like it is an exam for English speaking students? Do they just want people to fail lol. But tbf it is only 10 marks, like only 5% of the whole A level so you can still do really well anyway. Just enjoy the fact that history is done now and try not to stress about results day

Nahhh fr but yeah I’m not stressing IM DONEEE

Icl i did talk ab the effects of the Berlin Wall on society tho so I hope I pick up a few marks for that and then I’m relying on my course work to average my mark out to a b 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
Reply 61
how many marks do you need for a B overall giys
Original post by juicygcse
The first question for Germany was so dodgy (like wtf were you meant to write for that 10 marker), but the second question was alright. Kind of waffled a bit with the 10 marker because idk anything about East German society but the 20 marker was fine. I didn't finish my conclusion though so hopefully they don't knock off too many marks for that

One of my friends wrote about West Germany accidently for the 10 marker, do you reckon they'll get a zero or still get a few marks? Cause obviously they are having a bit of a mental breakdown right now (and yes this is actually for a friend, I know how it looks lol)

Tell them quite a few people in my class did the same, so the grade boundaries may be affected in that case
Reply 63
are the grade boundaires impacted by other topics too?
Reply 64
Original post by shalva_rosen
did anyone have cold war in europe? what are we thinking abt the paper

Great paper imo especially question 1
Question 2 was weird I think most ppl did q1 anyway
Reply 65
Original post by Guggz
are the grade boundaires impacted by other topics too?

I think the exam board makes the overall grade boundaries based off of everyone’s total scores from the 4 components. But they also have component grade boundaries per paper which are not affected by other papers just by that one
The paper was basically if you revised east germany or not. Imagine if you didn't 💀
anyone do Cold War in Asia!! I think it was really good but lots of people in my class did Vietnam Q for their coursework haha
Reply 68
Italian unification was a dream!
Reply 69
guys what if the question asked for 1850-61 and i wrote about 2 factors in that time period and then one i talked about 1840 how many marks do you reckon they will cut off i am so stressed
Reply 70
Original post by Guggz
guys what if the question asked for 1850-61 and i wrote about 2 factors in that time period and then one i talked about 1840 how many marks do you reckon they will cut off i am so stressed

they Don’t cut off marks or mark u down u just won’t receive marks for those specific points you’ve made the rest of ur essay will be marked as usual tho so dw
Reply 71
Original post by Sighhh4
they Don’t cut off marks or mark u down u just won’t receive marks for those specific points you’ve made the rest of ur essay will be marked as usual tho so dw

im just worried they are going to be biased thinking if my two other points are okay can i get like at least 13 which is the highest i think which is dissapointing
Reply 72
Original post by Guggz
im just worried they are going to be biased thinking if my two other points are okay can i get like at least 13 which is the highest i think which is dissapointing

This for the 20 marker right? If it is if you look at the mark schemes they’re very broad and mark positively so if you explained ur 2 other points good you will be ok don’t stress and I’m sure your other papers will help you pick up any marks u lost + ur cw
Reply 73
Original post by Sighhh4
This for the 20 marker right? If it is if you look at the mark schemes they’re very broad and mark positively so if you explained ur 2 other points good you will be ok don’t stress and I’m sure your other papers will help you pick up any marks u lost + ur cw

yes for the 20 marker because 2019 say for an A in this paper you need 21 i think and i think my 8 marker was good just sorta messed up lol. but yes hopefully coursework im on 34 just gonna tell myself its only 15 %
Reply 74
Original post by xo.lizziee
anyone do Cold War in Asia!! I think it was really good but lots of people in my class did Vietnam Q for their coursework haha

I loved it!! 10 marker was a bit dodgy, had to scrounge through the limited knowledge I had on UN in Korea but overall it went well
Reply 75
Original post by siskalfbsla
what did you guys pick for french rev and napoleon?

what were the questions pls (yr 12)
Reply 76
Original post by MA-HI05
Napoleon but bcs i revised it. French rev was way better

Okay but what the hell was that 20-marker though?!? “Assess how far the Napoleonic Empire in France was a police state” like what the hell is that? I’ve never seen an essay like that. We don’t even discuss the idea that Napoleonic France could be considered a police state that terminology literally wasn’t in any of our lessons. So what the hell was that essay question?
Reply 77
Yeah nothing on police state in the textbook either, so I just talked abt an authoritarian state. 10 marker unrest factor was p stupid too considering there wasn't really any. They probably won't care tho, it's history you can interpret the question however you want as long as you stick to your initial interpretation and it's within reason
Original post by KrozJrUK
Okay but what the hell was that 20-marker though?!? “Assess how far the Napoleonic Empire in France was a police state” like what the hell is that? I’ve never seen an essay like that. We don’t even discuss the idea that Napoleonic France could be considered a police state that terminology literally wasn’t in any of our lessons. So what the hell was that essay question?
Reply 78
what marks we need overall to get a B x
Reply 79
Original post by Guggz
what marks we need overall to get a B x

a B is about 60%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending