so 120 ish hmm interestig
Reply 81
Original post by Guggz
america and civil war anyone??

yesss how did you find it?
Reply 82
Original post by Neha.k123
yesss how did you find it?

it was okay messed up a bit how about you…
Reply 83
Original post by Guggz
it was okay messed up a bit how about you…

I found the paper pretty good overall but def ran out of time on the 20 marker so probs lost marks there which is annoying
Reply 84
I found the paper pretty good overall but def ran out of time on the 20 marker so probs lost marks there which is annoying

which ones did you do
Reply 85
Original post by Guggz
which ones did you do

I did the first question like the westwards expansion and native americans pair - so happy they were a combo lol
Reply 86
I did the first question like the westwards expansion and native americans pair - so happy they were a combo lol

oh i didnt i hated that lol
Reply 87
Original post by Guggz
oh i didnt i hated that lol

no bc I was the opposite I saw the civil war 10 marker and hated it
Reply 88
no bc I was the opposite I saw the civil war 10 marker and hated it

the 10 marker civil war was a beauty shiloh and antietam wow i
Reply 89
Original post by Guggz
the 10 marker civil war was a beauty shiloh and antietam wow i

tbf I didn't revise civil war bc it's always a question per topic and i just hate civil war lol so objectively it was a gorg 10 marker just not for me - will say though that 20 marker was lovely they're def going to make the grade boundaries for the paper high this year lmao
Reply 90
tbf I didn't revise civil war bc it's always a question per topic and i just hate civil war lol so objectively it was a gorg 10 marker just not for me - will say though that 20 marker was lovely they're def going to make the grade boundaries for the paper high this year lmao

i really hope not i hope it’s around 21 for an A cos although yeh 20 marker was gorg i messed up one factor eek
Reply 91
Original post by MA-HI05
Yeah nothing on police state in the textbook either, so I just talked abt an authoritarian state. 10 marker unrest factor was p stupid too considering there wasn't really any. They probably won't care tho, it's history you can interpret the question however you want as long as you stick to your initial interpretation and it's within reason

I essentially spent a decent chunk of my essay alluding to and half of my conclusion explicitly arguing that dictatorships come in all shapes and sizes, and while “police state” wouldn’t be inaccurate, a better term to use would be “military dictatorship”, given how society, government, and the economy were centred around the betterment of and development of and focused on the army. I have a feeling they’ll either love my essay I’m usually a top-marks student, so if they like the way I’ve organised it, getting 18/19/20 isn’t out of the question or they’ll hate it because the content is there, I’ll get something, probably about 9 marks.

One of my friends in my class gave a half-conspiracy theory which I think is interesting; maybe they’re trying out slightly new styles of questions ahead of the revisions to the specification in a year or two’s time?
Reply 92
guys will the grade boundaries be a massive jump from 2019 or around the same ??? i’m scared
Original post by juicygcse
Honestly, I don't know why they use the German acronyms, like it is an exam for English speaking students? Do they just want people to fail lol. But tbf it is only 10 marks, like only 5% of the whole A level so you can still do really well anyway. Just enjoy the fact that history is done now and try not to stress about results day

i feel so bad cos i do german and we study the reunification and my friends asked me straight away if they got it right after the exam (they did write about east germany thank god)
Reply 94
It's all dependent on the examiner so a bit of luck, but i think your take is nice. I looked into it after and there's a lot of ambiguity abt the definition of police state so questioning how to more accurately define his empire is fitting to that. If it holds back my grade i'll 100% remark anyway considering they're almost always sympathetic on remarks so they should be more open to different takes which, as you said, could take it from an L4 to an L6 on an examiner to examiner basis

If Britain 1930-1997 Unit 1 is anything to go off, your friend is probably right. For sources, they've always picked one topic (like Churchill's view on India etc.), but on this year's paper, they did a different topic for each source that you had to link back to the same question. It'd make sense for them to trial the new types too considering how crap the ones on this spec have been like turning points on Unit 3 and for Britain 1930-1997 foreign policy (sort of thematic-esque question) they haven't had a question on since 2018 bcs nobody was picking it. Generally, i think this spec is pretty poor too particularly unit 3 and the strange weightings for each topic which, for my topics at least, aren't really that proportional to content. I wouldn't expect it to last forever like the maths spec
(Original post by KrozJrUK)
I essentially spent a decent chunk of my essay alluding to and half of my conclusion explicitly arguing that dictatorships come in all shapes and sizes, and while “police state” wouldn’t be inaccurate, a better term to use would be “military dictatorship”, given how society, government, and the economy were centred around the betterment of and development of and focused on the army. I have a feeling they’ll either love my essay I’m usually a top-marks student, so if they like the way I’ve organised it, getting 18/19/20 isn’t out of the question or they’ll hate it because the content is there, I’ll get something, probably about 9 marks.

One of my friends in my class gave a half-conspiracy theory which I think is interesting; maybe they’re trying out slightly new styles of questions ahead of the revisions to the specification in a year or two’s time?
Reply 95
Original post by Guggz
guys will the grade boundaries be a massive jump from 2019 or around the same ??? i’m scared

!!
Reply 96
They've been pretty much the same every non-covid year they're not going to change any more than a couple of marks from 2019
Original post by Guggz
!!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 97
Original post by MA-HI05
They've been pretty much the same every non-covid year they're not going to change any more than a couple of marks from 2019

do you reckon lower pr higher
Reply 98
Idk but the tests were average and we did GCSEs through covid so some people got into A-level colleges via inflated grades who wouldn't have got in normally, and hopefully, they'll bring down boundaries by a mark or two
Original post by Guggz
do you reckon lower pr higher
Original post by Guggz
it was calm icl but then i realised it said 1850-61 lol what were your factors for the 20 marker and what did you say for the 10 marker i think the 10 marker was good

Yeah I thought the 10 marker was good. Just talk about the significance of Antietam - single bloodiest day of the Civil War. Shiloh led to losses on the Western theatre in Tennessee and Johnston dies.

I argued that Antietam was of greater significance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending