The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 2 (Y201-Y224) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Kahootchamp
Yeah I thought the 10 marker was good. Just talk about the significance of Antietam - single bloodiest day of the Civil War. Shiloh led to losses on the Western theatre in Tennessee and Johnston dies.

I argued that Antietam was of greater significance

literally same i was like emancipation proclamation mattters that a turning point
Reply 101
Original post by MA-HI05
It's all dependent on the examiner so a bit of luck, but i think your take is nice. I looked into it after and there's a lot of ambiguity abt the definition of police state so questioning how to more accurately define his empire is fitting to that. If it holds back my grade i'll 100% remark anyway considering they're almost always sympathetic on remarks so they should be more open to different takes which, as you said, could take it from an L4 to an L6 on an examiner to examiner basis

If Britain 1930-1997 Unit 1 is anything to go off, your friend is probably right. For sources, they've always picked one topic (like Churchill's view on India etc.), but on this year's paper, they did a different topic for each source that you had to link back to the same question. It'd make sense for them to trial the new types too considering how crap the ones on this spec have been like turning points on Unit 3 and for Britain 1930-1997 foreign policy (sort of thematic-esque question) they haven't had a question on since 2018 bcs nobody was picking it. Generally, i think this spec is pretty poor too particularly unit 3 and the strange weightings for each topic which, for my topics at least, aren't really that proportional to content. I wouldn't expect it to last forever like the maths spec
(Original post by KrozJrUK)

For Module 1 we did Stuarts/Civil War (1603-1660). On every previous sources question, there’ve been 2-3 from around the time of the event and 1-2 from a bit later on. On this paper, the Q was on the causes of Charles’s Trial (so 1648-1649) and the sources came from 1650, 1659, 1665ish, and 1685 (!) never seen anything like that either.

My one worry with my answer is that they might decide that I’ve essentially said “it’s not a police state, it’s a military dictatorship” which I did and then accuse me of answering a question I wanted to answer as opposed to the one they set. I could see how they could read it that way even though I didn’t mean it that way. But we’ll see I guess.
Reply 102
Original post by KrozJrUK
For Module 1 we did Stuarts/Civil War (1603-1660). On every previous sources question, there’ve been 2-3 from around the time of the event and 1-2 from a bit later on. On this paper, the Q was on the causes of Charles’s Trial (so 1648-1649) and the sources came from 1650, 1659, 1665ish, and 1685 (!) never seen anything like that either.

My one worry with my answer is that they might decide that I’ve essentially said “it’s not a police state, it’s a military dictatorship” which I did and then accuse me of answering a question I wanted to answer as opposed to the one they set. I could see how they could read it that way even though I didn’t mean it that way. But we’ll see I guess.

j did that one too lol
Original post by ishr_alm
I loved it!! 10 marker was a bit dodgy, had to scrounge through the limited knowledge I had on UN in Korea but overall it went well

yeah I put about the UNTCOK as that was all I could get for that factor (esp since it was before the Korean War started????) but Jiang and the US was great :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Tom04
Is anyone doing the Crusades topic? and How do you structure your answers? good luck everyone for tomorrow!

hey, do you happen to still remember the questions for the Crusades for 2023?
Original post by KrozJrUK

Hey, do you remember any other of the Stuarts Questions from 2023? Thanks.
Original post by shalva_rosen
did anyone have cold war in europe? what are we thinking abt the paper

Hey, I'm sitting this exam in 2024. Could you tell me the questions please, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Original post by shalva_rosen
did anyone have cold war in europe? what are we thinking abt the paper

Can you remember the questions? I'm sitting this paper next year. Thanks.
Does anyone remember the Cold War in Europe questions? Thanks
Original post by WeirdMedievalCat
I expected double postwar but double DDR for Germany? Baf news for a lil guy like me who had barely revised East Germany. Made up loads of statistics but it's fine I think BC my 20 marker was solid

Hey, doing germany this year but stressing bc the content is insane lol. Could you pls share the questions from last year so ik what to prioritise? 🙏
Original post by mmsilim
Anyone doing cold war in europe? predictions?

what came up in your cold war in europe exam? Would be extremely helpful to know
Reply 111
Original post by Hasbo2005
I am doing the Y215 Italy and Unification 1789-1896. I finished the entire course the Friday before Easter!
Do you remember your questions in you final exam by any chance?
Reply 112
Original post by Hasbo2005
Italian unification was a dream!
hey , do you remember the questions from your team by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending