The Student Room Group

UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Can someone explain which of these statements would follow based on the passage in the attachment and why and also which of these statements below would you consider a generalisation?

Choose "Yes" if the conclusion below follows and "No" if it does not follow.
1. Travelling by car is the fastest
2. Cars are the fastest mode of transport

I would say:
1. Yes, since it takes 46/47mins by car which is the fastest.
2. No, because we do not know about all forms of transport.

I would also say only 2. generalises as it makes a claim beyond that which can be supported.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Jlcobham8
hey all, I did the UCAT for 2023 entry and scored 2910 B2, now starting Medicine at St George’s University of London in September, PM me if you’d like any assistance with the UCAT/interviews xx

Hi There,
hope you are well!
what are your tips for The UCAT That would help get 700plus?
Reply 62
I have no affiliation with the company nor can I vouch for thier products but I did see that Medic Mind have a free UCAT course next week advertised on their website.

It may I guess be used to sell their other products and I dont know enough about them to support that so not advertising them.

But a free universally accessible course seems as though it could help anyone who wanted to sign up esp those thinking about starting their UCAT journey and it might help someone learn more.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 63
hey all, I did the UCAT for 2023 entry and scored 2910 B2, now starting Medicine at St George’s University of London in September, PM me if you’d like any assistance with the UCAT/interviews xx

Hello, I myself need help with ucat, I have been scoring 2000 consistent and i dont see improvements, My weak points are verbal reasoning and abstract. Can you give me good tips, because skimming takes too much time and i dont understand any pattern for abstract
Reply 64

Hello! need help for verbal and abstract reasoning. Tips on better scores for Verbal? Coz skimming takes too much time, and i have no idea how to do Abstract
Reply 65
Original post by Nithinnnn
Hello! need help for verbal and abstract reasoning. Tips on better scores for Verbal? Coz skimming takes too much time, and i have no idea how to do Abstract

hey, i scored 890/900 on abstract reasoning, personal message me, happy to help
Reply 66
Hey, I just got on and it isnt letting me, Can u text me?
Reply 67
hey, i scored 890/900 on abstract reasoning, personal message me, happy to help

If anyone has any hints, tips or suggestions, it is most helpful to share them on the threads, so everyone can benefit from them
Reply 68
I don't find how to book an exam. Isn't the booking season opening today? The "schedule an exam" option does not seem active..
Reply 69
I don't find how to book an exam. Isn't the booking season opening today? The "schedule an exam" option does not seem active..
Reply 70

hey, i have private messaged you
Reply 71
Original post by brasamical

The system is open to create an account now, but you cannot book a test in the UK til June.

https://www.ucat.ac.uk/about-ucat/ucat-test-dates/
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 72
Okay yeah can u tell me here

Original post by GANFYD
If anyone has any hints, tips or suggestions, it is most helpful to share them on the threads, so everyone can benefit from them
Reply 73
Okay yeah, still doesnt work.

Discussion of off site social media is against TSR rules
Reply 74
hey, i have private messaged you

Can you tell them to me here?
Tips on abstract and verbal
Reply 75
Original post by GGIN
I have no affiliation with the company nor can I vouch for thier products but I did see that Medic Mind have a free UCAT course next week advertised on their website.

It may I guess be used to sell their other products and I dont know enough about them to support that so not advertising them.

But a free universally accessible course seems as though it could help anyone who wanted to sign up esp those thinking about starting their UCAT journey and it might help someone learn more.

There are plenty of free courses and resources available for students, so please don't be pressured to have to purchase everything or attend every event. I spoke to a lot of students last year that felt like they needed to buy multiple question banks. The best advice is to stick to practice questions and just focus on completing them.

UCAT Ninja are doing a pay whatever you want for their question bank, so you can pay like £1 to access the content. They also have plenty of free resources. I used their resources when I did my UCAT many years ago (final year med student now). https://ukcat.ninja/pay-what-you-want/

Make sure to research and google free and cheap resources that you can combine to maximise your reviewing and learning!
Reply 76
Hello - do gap year applicants use the same UCAT/Pearson account to book the test? Or do they create a new one to avoid the old score being accidentally sent across to the universities?
Thanks.
Reply 77
Original post by TINDI
Hello - do gap year applicants use the same UCAT/Pearson account to book the test? Or do they create a new one to avoid the old score being accidentally sent across to the universities?
Thanks.

You use the same existing account, there will be no confusion
Reply 78
Original post by brasamical
You use the same existing account, there will be no confusion

Many thanks for your confirmation
Reply 79
Original post by vi_005
Hey guys
So i got rejected by all of my four unis this cycle for medicine.
I am an international student and hold an offer for Biomed at Newcastle.
Gap year is not the right choice for me ik it.
My plan is to accept the biomed offer at newcastle and apply internally for their transfer while also simultaneously reapplying to other unis via UCAS while I am still in my first year (2024 entry cycle).
I know that some unis allow you to do this and I have just sent out a mail to nearly all UK med schools. Once they reply I will have a confirmed idea of my choices
And just to add in if this cycle also I don't get in I will be happy to finish my biomed degree

My main reason for such a long post is that does anyone over here have any advice or has someone done something similar who can help me?

Hi so I'm a current med student at newcastle and in my year we do have a few people who have transferred to med so it is possible but from what I have heard it is still really difficult (not to discourage you).
If you have decided that biomed is the best option for you and not a gap year then I would say go for it but be prepared to have to work very hard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending