The Student Room Group

Can someone help 2 19-year olds plan a 3 day trip :')

So basically, we're uni students. We have a budget of £100-150 for flights. the same for food, and the same for hotels per night. so say £500 total. We're planning this in mid may, and we want somewhere that's cold, cheap, in Europe, (the closer to the UK, the better). We kinda want a cabin cosy vibe where we chill, but also a few things to do. I looked into Innsbruck in Austria, but the taxi to the hotels cost as much as the hotel itself.

If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it!!
Try going Italy. Plane tickets are cheap at £20-£50. I assume taxi would be cheap as well as hotels. but depending on where you go. Enjoy your trip where you go😇
Original post by reenyyy190303
Try going Italy. Plane tickets are cheap at £20-£50. I assume taxi would be cheap as well as hotels. but depending on where you go. Enjoy your trip where you go😇

Thank you. Do you mind naming a city which is romantic, cheap, places to walk, etc.?
Go to merseyside
Original post by Faisal101
Go to merseyside

we kinda wanna go outside the UK aha
Original post by bored_user:)
we kinda wanna go outside the UK aha

Go to Dagestan
Try Milan, lake como is the best. Try see TikTok to get more insight. Ik lake como was a popular place for everyone to go last year
Could try Berlin, Vienna though they may push your budgets. Tons to see/do.
Seville (less cold) is interesting, Bologna is pleasant as would be something like Aarhus.
Depending on what exactly you're looking to do, Copenhagen could be a good option.

Budget airlines fly there, the city itself is small enough to feel cozy, and because the airport's so close to the centre of Copenhagen, you don't have to shell out for expensive taxi fares.
So basically, we're uni students. We have a budget of £100-150 for flights. the same for food, and the same for hotels per night. so say £500 total. We're planning this in mid may, and we want somewhere that's cold, cheap, in Europe, (the closer to the UK, the better). We kinda want a cabin cosy vibe where we chill, but also a few things to do. I looked into Innsbruck in Austria, but the taxi to the hotels cost as much as the hotel itself.

£500 total for flights/accomm/food/tranport could be tight, especially as 'cold' countries in May are going to be the more expensive Scandi countries.

Try skyscanner for flights (but also check budget airlines as they're not always listed):

https://www.skyscanner.net/

Check out public transport options to city centres from the airport (usually on airport websites or use Google maps).
How does prague sound?

I always test things out on LuckyTrip first. It's an app that will generate a holiday for you based on your specifications and then you can edit it to be what you like! x

Hey! I just got back from Budapest! The whole trip was about £350. Food and drinks are fairly cheap. Its a walking city. You can do free walking tours where you pay what you think its worth or you can just get a map and walk. We stayed at a hostel in a all female dorm which felt super safe. It was around £10 a night. The bus and trams from the airport to the main city was like £2.50!
Original post by VoodooHannah
I always test things out on LuckyTrip first. It's an app that will generate a holiday for you based on your specifications and then you can edit it to be what you like! x

That's great advice! Thank you !

"Of course, start by choosing a destination that interests you both, create an itinerary with key attractions, and make a budget for accommodation and activities."

"Sure thing! Consider your interests and budget, then research accommodations, transportation, and fun things to do together during your 3-day adventure."

"Absolutely! Begin by discussing your travel preferences, deciding on a destination, and then outlining a day-by-day plan with must-see places and activities."

Quick Reply

Latest