The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Chemistry

How is everyone revising for chemistry? I’m slightly freaking out because on a past paper I got a C and I need an A to be accepted at uni
I do aqa but firstly understand all the content maybe watch yt videos and look back at notes. Then memorise key stuff. The easy way I memorised stuff was by doing countless exam questions on the topics and looking at mark schemes. The questions are very repetitive and so is the mark scheme so write down stuff that keeps appearing eg. How mass spectrometry works? Once you’re comfortable with all the topics start doing past papers initially if you want to them open book obviously not looking at the mark scheme but ur notes and flash cards, then start doing them properly in exam conditions. When doing past papers if u come across any topics you’re not comfortable in or forgot repeat the steps again. What I do is I collate the main topic questions that reoccur countlessly and stuff I just keep getting wrong and put them in a ppt. Hope all this helps and all the best to us!!
Original post by JJ <3
I do aqa but firstly understand all the content maybe watch yt videos and look back at notes. Then memorise key stuff. The easy way I memorised stuff was by doing countless exam questions on the topics and looking at mark schemes. The questions are very repetitive and so is the mark scheme so write down stuff that keeps appearing eg. How mass spectrometry works? Once you’re comfortable with all the topics start doing past papers initially if you want to them open book obviously not looking at the mark scheme but ur notes and flash cards, then start doing them properly in exam conditions. When doing past papers if u come across any topics you’re not comfortable in or forgot repeat the steps again. What I do is I collate the main topic questions that reoccur countlessly and stuff I just keep getting wrong and put them in a ppt. Hope all this helps and all the best to us!!

Thank you so much! Yes all the best to you too, I’m just worried about the grade boundaries to be honest. I’m not sure how it is for AQA but OCR grade boundaries are so high!
The grade boundaries are not in our hands! We have to try our best and do everything we possibly can to get the top grades! But yes i completely understand the worry! We have two months so let’s try our best!
Original post by Neymarswho1730
How is everyone revising for chemistry? I’m slightly freaking out because on a past paper I got a C and I need an A to be accepted at uni

Heya!
1st make sure you are happy with the content. Go over your old past paper and see what mistakes you made by comparing it to the mark scheme - is there a common trend? Go over your weakest topics and do practice questions + go through the mark schemes. If it helps, Study Mind has free revision notes and practice questions you can use.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by Neymarswho1730
Thank you so much! Yes all the best to you too, I’m just worried about the grade boundaries to be honest. I’m not sure how it is for AQA but OCR grade boundaries are so high!

In the same boat, saw OCR grade boundaries have reached 90% before for organic A* and heard they gonna be high this year. I’m currently sitting on a low B / high C for my papers trying to scrape that A! I found organic is super repetative question wise and synthetic routes + mechanisms get you a lot of marks when you learn them properly. Good luck!
Original post by Sedwards1923
In the same boat, saw OCR grade boundaries have reached 90% before for organic A* and heard they gonna be high this year. I’m currently sitting on a low B / high C for my papers trying to scrape that A! I found organic is super repetative question wise and synthetic routes + mechanisms get you a lot of marks when you learn them properly. Good luck!

I’m also trying to scrape an A, it’s so hard and I’m not sure how to improve! Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest