The Student Room Group

Using someone's else travel card 18+

Hi everyone
So I been caught 2 days ago in london bus by ticket inspector because I used my wife's travel card 18 + on my way from home and the inspector took the card of me and he said you not allowed to use someone's else card and said I will keep this card and ask your wife to aplly for a new one
I asked him if I will get fined get said within 7 to 14 day you will receive a letter from tfl so now I very stressful and dont what this leading to could anyone tell me what's gonna happed please
Reply 1
Thanks hopefully is just a fine because I have been some people comment all saying will take you to the court and will be given criminal record
Reply 2
Hi again everyone I just received letter from tfl after 3 days I got caught in a bus the letter saying you were reported to transport for london for an offence on the tfl public transport network the fact of this incident are being considered and I must advise you that legal proceedings may be taken against you in accordance with the transport of london prosecution policy
And asking
1- if you deny comming an offence please explain why and provide any available evidence
2- if you accept committing an offence please provide any exceptional reasons including pre existing condition as to why tfl should not proceed with a prosecution
Reply 3
I would get some legal advice about this, it’s worth avoiding a prosecution if you can. A dim view is taken of this type of fraud and without a well judged response it’s likely to go forward. And learn the lesson
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
I would get some legal advice about this, it’s worth avoiding a prosecution if you can. A dim view is taken of this type of fraud and without a well judged response it’s likely to go forward. And learn the lesson

Just thinking if there is a better way how I can pay a fine rather been prosecuted
Reply 5
Original post by Meglouv
Just thinking if there is a better way how I can pay a fine rather been prosecuted

Speak to a solicitor. They will have experience of replying to this letter and will be able to argue for a fine rather than prosecution
Reply 6
Hello meglouv
My husband has also been caught using my bus pass And we got letter now what next? Can you explain?
Reply 7
Original post by Hetu
Hello meglouv
My husband has also been caught using my bus pass And we got letter now what next? Can you explain?

Hi hetu

Can you please let me what happened after receiveing letter
Original post by Charish 123
Hi hetu

Can you please let me what happened after receiveing letter
. My husband is facing dame challange now . How do we go about it
Reply 9
Original post by Claraonyeka
. My husband is facing dame challange now . How do we go about it

Can you please tell how it ended
Reply 10
Original post by Meglouv

What was the outcome please
can anyone tell me what happened in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest