The Student Room Group

Used my sister's bus pass

So I used my sister's bus pass today to get somewhere, but the bus driver looked at it and confiscated it. I told him it was my sister's and he said he'd take it to the council. I didn't travel on it, but I let him have it and got off on the bus with the bus not moving at all.

The thing is, I used it before when I didn't have enough money for the fare. Will I get into big trouble, or will the bus driver just forget, or will the council just send back the pass to my sister?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You might just have to ring up. They probably took it just in case it was stolen
You let my man take your sister's bus pass, rarrrrrrr!
Reply 3
Original post by Ben_G
You might just have to ring up. They probably took it just in case it was stolen

But I tried using it on the scanner, it failed, the bus driver took it, looked at it, and said that it's not my picture. He took it, and said he'd give it to the council. I told him it was my sisters and he was about to give it back, then decided to keep it. It's a concessionary bus pass. Will I get into big trouble? Especially, since I've used it before?
Reply 4
No, you'll be fine. No point worrying about it
Reply 5
Original post by Ben_G
No, you'll be fine. No point worrying about it

But there were security cameras, and the jacket I was wearing, I'm likely the only person in my city wearing said jacket. I'll have to stop wearing on the bus. Plus, it was Stagecoach, a small company compared to NWM, and this bus driver seemed to really want to take it. I've been told I couldn't use it before, but they gave back the bus pass. I think he might escalate it.
Reply 6
Bump
Reply 7
Someone please help me. I'm scared. I won't do it again.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
But there were security cameras, and the jacket I was wearing, I'm likely the only person in my city wearing said jacket. I'll have to stop wearing on the bus. Plus, it was Stagecoach, a small company compared to NWM, and this bus driver seemed to really want to take it. I've been told I couldn't use it before, but they gave back the bus pass. I think he might escalate it.

Stagecoach is a £4billion company. Small it isn't. Not sure if that information will help you though.

However, according to this you (or maybe your sister) may have to pay a £25 penalty. But there's not much point worrying until/if they actually contact you or your sister.
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/midlands/guide-to-tickets#tab9
Reply 9
Original post by Doonesbury
Stagecoach is a £4billion company. Small it isn't. Not sure if that information will help you though.

However, according to this you (or maybe your sister) may have to pay a £25 penalty. But there's not much point worrying until/if they actually contact you or your sister.
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/midlands/guide-to-tickets#tab9

But it was a concessionary, and I've used it before. I didn't travel on the bus, just left and the bus driver took the pass and said that it would go to the council.
Reply 10
But it was a concessionary, and I've used it before. I didn't travel on the bus, just left and the bus driver took the pass and said that it would go to the council.

You attempted to use it.

Anyway, it's done. As I said, all you can do is wait and see what happens.
When I was using my bus pass I didn't have my 16-18 student card although I did have the actually pass that was valid on all buses in the West Midlands. Unfortunately, the inspectors came on the bus and when I showed them my pass they gave me a £70 fine for not having my 16-18 card. I was so pissed that I rang up the company and they dropped it down to £35 pounds. Greedy buggers.
You attempted to use it.

Anyway, it's done. As I said, all you can do is wait and see what happens.

What do you think will most likely happen?
Reply 13
What do you think will most likely happen?

No idea - beyond what I already posted :smile:

Just because you've used it before it doesn't mean what you did was okay
So I used my sister's bus pass today to get somewhere, but the bus driver looked at it and confiscated it. I told him it was my sister's and he said he'd take it to the council. I didn't travel on it, but I let him have it and got off on the bus with the bus not moving at all.

The thing is, I used it before when I didn't have enough money for the fare. Will I get into big trouble, or will the bus driver just forget, or will the council just send back the pass to my sister?

At worst you will probably get a fine, next time just keep the bus pass and get off the bus -.-
Reply 16
Original post by SuperHuman98
At worst you will probably get a fine, next time just keep the bus pass and get off the bus -.-

Or, a better idea, pay the necessary fare or get their own pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bones-mccoy
Just because you've used it before it doesn't mean what you did was okay

I know it's wrong, but I've heard people get arrested if they find they've used someone else's bus pass many times.
Or, a better idea, pay the necessary fare or get their own pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll get my own bus pass. I just hope I don't get jailed.
Nothing will happen to you. The council will return it back to its rightful owner or they may just get rid of it altogether. Chill out it's happened to the best of us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending