The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 Triple Higher Tier [16th May 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by selenyildiz
The pressure is literally getting worser

frr
Reply 41
stop, i literally have crying time at least once every day whenever i deep how close exams are. For me, i have drama on Monday and then its biology, and i don't really prioritize drama as i'm not taking it for a-levels. i planned to do the subjects that are further range now and then the closer ones tomorrow (definitely anticipating maths LOL)
Reply 42
does any1 have the mark scheme for bio june 2022
any more predictions? when I asked my teacher what things I should make sure I am totally confident in, he suggested osmosis, respiration, evolution and photosynthesis because they tend to come up often, but that seems pretty broad and vague...
Reply 44
Original post by JA03

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 Higher Tier | 16th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information

Date/Time: 16th May 2023 AM
Length: 1h 45m

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Biology Study Group 2022-2023
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2023

Remember to stick to forum rules
Layout inspired by 5hyl33n

I am both confident and nervous for this exam, I have been revising since end of year 8 to now for the top grades all 9s in GCSEs so it is vital for me to get get 9 in biology. If you guys have any last minute tips I would love to hear them
Original post by mh285
I am both confident and nervous for this exam, I have been revising since end of year 8 to now for the top grades all 9s in GCSEs so it is vital for me to get get 9 in biology. If you guys have any last minute tips I would love to hear them

Firstly, make sure to do some questions to see where your final faults may be so you can access all the marks. Use the MARCKS acronym.
M - Maths
A - Apply
R - Read the Question (I think)
C - Clarity of the question
K - Knowledge
S - Stats (you don't need this at GCSE - it's an A-Level maths skill for Biology)

Secondly, don't stress out.
Thirdly and finally - do not dwell on your exam after it has happened. Because dwelling and worrying about an exam that has already happened will not do you any good, it won't change anything because it's already done.
(edited 11 months ago)
what practical is most likely to come up for gcse biology paper 1 aqa ?
Just to let people know I've merged a few conversations that are all about this paper into our official exam chat :smile:

Best of luck, you've got this :biggrin:
Original post by ebony_7
what practical is most likely to come up for gcse biology paper 1 aqa ?

maybe the agar gell bacteria practical and possibly enzymes
Original post by niloofar Hemmat
maybe the agar gell bacteria practical and possibly enzymes

What about combined?
Original post by ebony_7
What about combined?
are you doing combined science?
Hi everyone. Does anyone have any predictions on what will come up in the biology exam on Tuesday, or what 6 markers or required practicals?
ngl math questions in biology exams are harder than maths questions in maths
Original post by Talkative Toad
are you doing combined science?

yes
Original post by ebony_7
yes

You can look at this thread to find the combined science biology threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7324779
Maybe the title should be edited to specify that this thread is for triple/separate science or the exam code should added to the title 🤷🏾*♀️.

combined biology AQA thread for paper 1 higher tier: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7342810
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
Maybe the title should be edited to specify that this thread is for triple/separate science or the exam code should added to the title 🤷🏾*♀️.

oh i didnt know that
Original post by ebony_7
oh i didnt know that

You can click on the link that I've posted and you can find the combined biology thread for your exam board.
Reply 58
I just wanna get it over and done with now but still eeek I dunno how to feel. It's my first exam so hopefully it'll start on a high. Good luck everyone <3
Reply 59
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending