The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 (Higher Combined) 8464/1H - 16th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

This poll is closed

How did your AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 Higher Tier Combined Trilogy go?

Loved the exam - Feeling positive23%
The exam was reasonable/It was alright 50%
Not feeling great about that exam...13%
It was terrible, I don't even want to talk about it6%
Neither good or bad, I'm just hoping for the best/preparing for the worst7%
Something Else (let us know in the thread!)1%
Total votes: 362
AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 (Combined Higher Tier Trilogy) 8464/1H - 16th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 16th May 2023, am
Length: 1hr 15 mins

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/combined-science-trilogy-8464
https://youtube.com/@Freesciencelessons (The GOAT himself)
https://youtube.com/@SciencewithHazel https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwhU4dGC-zFGLQA78al_2jrJRLrZwwzj1
2023 GCSE exam thread directory
Congratulations to everyone finishing their exam!
"Something Else (let us know in the thread!)" in the poll can also refer to you not having sat the exam for whatever reason (you don't do the qualification, you didn't sit the exam etc)
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Help with bio paper 1? I’m currently at a grade 6-5 just about a 6-5 actually aiming for 8-7
Should I week be enough to revise for Biology paper 1 just paper 1 by using CGP books, free science lesson,exam style questions and papers?
idk what grade dyu wanna get and what did u get in mocks
Original post by anonymous.2003

cos it depends if u wanna get a 9 and ur getting a 7 now it would be possible but it if u got like a 4 in mocks then u may get a 6/7 in the real exams
Original post by suzy23
Should I week be enough to revise for Biology paper 1 just paper 1 by using CGP books, free science lesson,exam style questions and papers?

What exam board are you studying with?

My grades is a 5/5 and I want a 7/7 or 6/6
Original post by Evil Homer
What exam board are you studying with?

AQA
Original post by suzy23
AQA

Biology, combined trilogy or combined synergy?
Original post by Evil Homer
Biology, combined trilogy or combined synergy?

Combined Trilogy and it’s a higher paper. My current grade is a 5/5 and I want a 7/7 or a 6/7
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by suzy23
Combined Trilogy and it’s a higher paper. My current grade is a 5/5 and I want a 7/7 or a 6/7

Amazing, I've added this conversation into our official Biology exam paper chat to hopefully help you get the revision support you are looking for!

Best of luck with your exams :smile:
Original post by suzy23
My grades is a 5/5 and I want a 7/7 or 6/6

yeah u defo can get the grades but dont focus solely on bio at the expense of ur other exams
good luck!
Original post by suzy23

i would suggest go through all the content In a day and then do a past paper so you can see what gaps you need to fill
Reply 13
why is it when you revise everything at home and think you know everything but when it comes to an exam question you cant remember or cant answer
I

Original post by hxm.
why is it when you revise everything at home and think you know everything but when it comes to an exam question you cant remember or cant answer

SAME I don’t know why like I will revise every little thing and do an exam question and can’t answer it like why
How we feeling about this guys? It's in 2 days!!!!!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by taylor2317
How we feeling about this guys? It's in 2 days!!!!!

ready ig hbu
ready ig hbu

Not at all prepared :frown:
Original post by taylor2317
Not at all prepared :frown:

im so unprepared for eng lit:nope:
im so unprepared for eng lit:nope:

I'm unprepared for all.....

Latest

Trending