The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FelicityL
yeah I wasn't sure what one it was between those two, in the end I put F aswell

i put F because it said on the sheet "Actuar el grupo" or something which meant that the actual group prisioneros did the singing and stuff not the young emotional kids or whatever
Reply 61
any spanish speakers doing this for the easy A?
Original post by fabiiL
i don't think it was right guys. As AQA is very nitpicky, the audio specifically mentioned a young group performing their songs, and F was the actual Los prisioneros band... Idk, i may be wrong

F was the song playing without ending which i think is true because the audio mentioned "una y otra vez" which means again and again
Reply 63
Original post by stressssin20
F was the song playing without ending which i think is true because the audio mentioned "una y otra vez" which means again and again

lol i forgot what F was, but that was for the mis derechos song, which u are right about... but the los prisioneros option is not right
Yesssssssssss

Original post by fabiil
any spanish speakers doing this for the easy a?
Original post by fabiiL
lol i forgot what F was, but that was for the mis derechos song, which u are right about... but the los prisioneros option is not right

yesss ok good i did not put the prisioneros but what did u put for the question that was like name 2 things the mayans left behind or something
Reply 66
yesss ok good i did not put the prisioneros but what did u put for the question that was like name 2 things the mayans left behind or something

the text mentioned 3 things, maths, clothing and i think architectual stuff i dont remember. but i put Las telas (clothing) and the other thing i cant remember lol
Reply 67
i keep spamming this board but i find it weird that there were 2 texts in the inserts instead of 3
Original post by CrissyNix
Glad everyone's consensus is the same as mine 😅 (listening was tricky at times, reading was okay, and the translations were hit-and-miss)! I thought the summaries weren't the worst either, which is a rarity for me. Can only hope the French is alright too.

I beg french is similar to the Spanish one but I reckon it’s gonna be harder
Reply 69
Original post by fabiiL
i don't think it was right guys. As AQA is very nitpicky, the audio specifically mentioned a young group performing their songs, and F was the actual Los prisioneros band... Idk, i may be wrong

Yes I got the same as you. They try to trap you - you need to listen really carefully to exactly what they are saying. It wasn’t right because it said “someone was playing a song by los prisioneros” and the option was “the prisioneros band was playing their song”
does anyone have a prediction for the translation , like the actual translation lol
Reply 71
Original post by FrancescaM.1111
We didn't have to write the answers down in the order you hear it for the chilean protest question right?
Also, for that one, at the last minute I put down F - about the song that kept on playing rather than L - about young people dancing to a song by Los Prisioneros - anyone else do this? Cuz I'm unsure.

I put F too— It couldn’t have been L because L said something about the actual group Los Prisioneros instead of the actual kids dancing to the song
Reply 72
Original post by Harry_mitch79
I beg french is similar to the Spanish one but I reckon it’s gonna be harder

Me too, I got told German was quite tricky (easy listening, horrid reading, awful transations), and seeing as Spanish tends to have lower grade boundaries than French, I'm a little nervous. Glad it's not just me who will suffer with double-language hell, haha. Good luck with next Monday, Wednesday, and the Monday afterwards 🙏
Original post by sanchez714euf
does anyone have a prediction for the translation , like the actual translation lol

which translation??
Reply 74
Original post by FrancescaM.1111
We didn't have to write the answers down in the order you hear it for the chilean protest question right?
Also, for that one, at the last minute I put down F - about the song that kept on playing rather than L - about young people dancing to a song by Los Prisioneros - anyone else do this? Cuz I'm unsure.

yep i did this too cause it said dancing or something which wasn’t right
Reply 75
Guys what did everyone put for the English to Spanish translation about the African immigrants arriving on the Canary Islands? I think I messed up the conjugations- I wrote “Han sido” “Han..” for the things they did and and only used “ayudaban” (imperfect) once to describe the people who helped them on the beach
Reply 76
what were the questions again?

1. listening: fill 2 gaps for each person (racism/integration)
2. listening: write down in the order you hear it (chilean protest)
3. rosalía summary task
4. A,B,C task about dictator
5. old ruins/building questions
5. summary about VOX
6. gap fill about something i cant remember
7. find the word w/ same meaning
8. translation 1
9. translation 2

there are supposed to be 11 questions im pretty sure, which ones am i missing?

wasnt write down the order mate was true statements for Number 2, order is irrelevant
guys who else deffo read that it said the Mayan civilisation is unos mil yrs old and then the structure was actually 450
Reply 78
Original post by rostom1680
guys who else deffo read that it said the Mayan civilisation is unos mil yrs old and then the structure was actually 450

i read this, was it 450?
Original post by user927401
i read this, was it 450?

i was sure but people are debating it on tiktok aha, i put 1000 then kept reading and changed it to 450 after i read it

Latest

Trending

Trending