The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what's the working behind this question because I really thought I was onto something by drawing the directions of the current flow and using Kirchoff's first law ? Answer is D btw
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 21
9C527FF3-8187-427D-A342-EA2C54476FE1.jpegHope this helps
Original post by sprinkledcheese

what's the working behind this question because I really thought I was onto something by drawing the directions of the current flow and using Kirchoff's first law ? Answer is D btw
Original post by cristina03
9C527FF3-8187-427D-A342-EA2C54476FE1.jpegHope this helps

makes sense except for this bit here is a wire allowed to have two different flows of current or am I misunderstanding it??
Reply 23
EF1719C6-3281-4CE0-8133-FB93A4FC3E7C.jpegYou’re absolutely right, sorry it was my mistake current can not possibly flow through diodes P and R because of their orientation.Now the circuit should make more sense.
Original post by sprinkledcheese
makes sense except for this bit here is a wire allowed to have two different flows of current or am I misunderstanding it??
Reply 24
My teacher said that last year they changed a couple of questions to look like the questions we got this year in paper 1, so I'm thinking they did that in paper 2, but I can't find the 2022 paper 2 anywhere.
Original post by Radsxoxo12
My teacher said that last year they changed a couple of questions to look like the questions we got this year in paper 1, so I'm thinking they did that in paper 2, but I can't find the 2022 paper 2 anywhere.

Your school will have it, so maybe ask to view it in school, with the supervision of a teacher.
This is because they can't release it yet due to the government regulations or something like that
Original post by Radsxoxo12

When i did 2022 paper 2 it was nicer than 2022 paper 1; nothing weird like a tent or mery-go-round. There were a number of 1-mark Qs (~10 marks in total) where you just state a number (path difference and phase difference of two waves), a short statement (application of gamma camera, use of collimator and scintillator) or a quantity (which quantity in an equation corresponds to rate of change, change etc.)

From memory the following came up in 2022 Paper 2 (Structural Questions)
- basic wave theory; stationary waves including calculations using fundamental frequency
- photoelectric effect: emitted electrons form part of a circuit; SUVAT for emitted electrons and explanation on effect of changing frequency on the size of current
- deriving SI base unit
- practical on Planck’s constant using LED (6 marks)
- natures and ranges of fundamental forces between particles
- radioactive decay equations and quark compositions for two given fission reactions; proof of nuclear density with data given (6 marks)
- capacitor of two parallel plates; effect of changing separation/charge on capacitance, energy stored (both stating factors of increase/decrease and verbal explanation)
- graph related to capacitance and time constant; significance of gradient, and determination of permittivity using gradient of a graph
- electromagnetic induction on a transformer (switch on the primary coil is closed; why the lamp on secondary coil is lit for a short period of time, then flashes)
- linking induced emf with simple harmonic motion (rotation of magnet > sine function); calculation with uncertainty (uncertainty associated with one of the data supplied)
- gamma camera - uses of its components and one application of the camera
- attenuation mechanisms of X-ray, attenuation coefficient (including exponential calculations and a graph)

I believe that’s not everything in the paper, feel free to add if i’ve missed any topics~
Any obvious topics from modules 1 and 2 that weren’t on modelling(p1)? Because these will likely come on Friday
I'm genuinely terrified for this paper. Paper 1 was meant to be my 'nicest' paper but I hated it. Also, my teacher and the majority of people in my class thought the exam was reasonable which really surprised me.
Original post by Labradoodle1
I'm genuinely terrified for this paper. Paper 1 was meant to be my 'nicest' paper but I hated it. Also, my teacher and the majority of people in my class thought the exam was reasonable which really surprised me.

Same! Normally paper 1 is my better paper so now I'm hoping this next one isn't too bad
Reply 30

How was that exam reasonable?!
Original post by Jklikg
How was that exam reasonable?!

I genuinely have no idea why they thought it was acceptable lmao
Reply 32
I genuinely have no idea why they thought it was acceptable lmao

i want whatever they're taking must be strong
Original post by Tmuti
can you guys please share how you are preparing for the exploring paper? I did all past papers for modeling but what I saw in the exam was something else. so now I don't even know how to revise

Sorry for the last minute reply but ZPhysics on YouTube is really good for topic summary videos, and flashcards as well for longer topics like radioactivity and medical. Do a past paper and see which topics you get wrong, revisit those as topic questions and repeat. Good luck x
Reply 34
Original post by Olivia294719
Sorry for the last minute reply but ZPhysics on YouTube is really good for topic summary videos, and flashcards as well for longer topics like radioactivity and medical. Do a past paper and see which topics you get wrong, revisit those as topic questions and repeat. Good luck x

yeah he's the goat fr
Reply 35
revision strategy is watching Zphysics like TV and praying that they dont whip out a 6 marker on electromagnetism x
Reply 36
Original post by nizmaris
revision strategy is watching Zphysics like TV and praying that they dont whip out a 6 marker on electromagnetism

Hoping papers are similar to past papers can’t have another paper 1
Original post by nizmaris
revision strategy is watching Zphysics like TV and praying that they dont whip out a 6 marker on electromagnetism x

If there’s anything electromagnetism I’m walking out. that is the ONE topic I just don’t get
Reply 38
Original post by Olivia294719

ZPhysics carrying my grade
Reply 39
i'm gonna do bad in this paper on the year 2 content

Latest

Trending

Trending