The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelrasheed
How many marks do you think you got on Papers 1 and 2? I’ve been trying to calculate how much I need for Paper 3 too lol

Icl i didn’t do the best and I need a B for my offer, paper 1 didn’t go great but I’m hoping 50 because I liked the 6 markers and multiple choice seemed okay. Paper 2 I made so many dumb mistakes but still hoping like 60ish, flunked the 6 markers though, everything about nuclear power literally left me head so that messed me up. Anyways I reckon I need 40-50 in paper 3 now, which is higher than I’ve ever gotten rip
Original post by Olivia294719
Icl i didn’t do the best and I need a B for my offer, paper 1 didn’t go great but I’m hoping 50 because I liked the 6 markers and multiple choice seemed okay. Paper 2 I made so many dumb mistakes but still hoping like 60ish, flunked the 6 markers though, everything about nuclear power literally left me head so that messed me up. Anyways I reckon I need 40-50 in paper 3 now, which is higher than I’ve ever gotten rip

Which grade boundaries are you using? I’m gonna need like 50 on Paper 3 to meet my offer which is very unrealistic but we’ll see
Original post by kelrasheed
Which grade boundaries are you using? I’m gonna need like 50 on Paper 3 to meet my offer which is very unrealistic but we’ll see

I was using around 55% for a B there which is kind of a mix of 2022 and 2018. I don’t think they’ll be like 2019 which was 65% for a B since no one did great on paper 1 from what I’ve heard, so 55% kinda seems like a good middle ground
Original post by renbobson
ahh see this is why I love physics so much, such minute things like this can bring around such interesting topic discussions. I think that my mindset here was kinda like I didn't know how to get the value of energy so I assumed that the positron was traveling close to the speed of light which gives out the wavelength. Honestly, tho physics is just too cool. Definitely the best of the 3 sciences IMO

100% the best science! But I guess we are probably biased people lol. But I see, I mean it worked so that's all that matters!
Reply 464
Original post by Tmuti
Bruv i drew structural formula on that radical question with no dashes im fxcked fr fr 😭

the what? welp i forgot which q it was
Original post by Tmuti
Bruv i drew structural formula on that radical question with no dashes im fxcked fr fr 😭

You may be in the wrong thread? I don't think this is physics
Reply 466
best physics paper performance I've done. got an insane 67/100 in this paper. can't find my comment where I was excited after writing the paper but for anyone wondering I got a BBB in Maths physics and chemistry

#1 tip I can give you (reader) is to understand how to apply your knowledge in real-life scenarios, especially in paper 1. Understand explanations on different situations because all papers in OCR are based on explanations rather than calculations. the mistake I did was focusing on calculations more than the theory behind the physics and that cost me some crucial marks. I didn't realize till the last paper that 2/3 of the physics papers are literally writing an English essay. Hope that helps someone out there
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Tmuti
can you guys please share how you are preparing for the exploring paper? I did all past papers for modeling but what I saw in the exam was something else. so now I don't even know how to revise

edited 17/08/2023
Hahaha surprisingly got a B overall on 3 papers. shocked that i actually got a 58 in p1
anyone wondering, i got BBB in maths physics and chem
off to uni of sheffield Aerospace engineering BENG
#1 tip I can give you is to understand how to apply your knowledge in real-life scenarios, especially in paper 1
Hey, Have u got ocr physics 2023 papers by any chance? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending