The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
With how that last exam was structured, I am a bit worried about what they might give us next. All I know is that they have to stick to content in the spec, so I'm focusing on getting my knowledge 100% air-tight. Basically annotating the spec and making sure I know every single point. It worked for me with the previous paper cause if I hadn't revised the small bits in the spec, that astrophysics 6 marker would've messed me up (it literally combined so many different things). Basically know the content really well and then in the exam figure out how it links with whatever weird questions they throw at us. IDK if it will work though, electricity is literally my weakest topic :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by Olivia294719
If there’s anything electromagnetism I’m walking out. that is the ONE topic I just don’t get

This is the one topic every possible career path in physics will absolutely rely on more than any other.
Original post by enzozbest
This is the one topic every possible career path in physics will absolutely rely on more than any other.

Lucky I applied for biomed then bcos alevel physics made me hate physics lol
Reply 43
im done for - any last tips to recover from paper 1 and bag that needed B
Wish everyone this best tmrw hopefully the paper will be at least easier coz i did so bad on the previous paper .so lets see how this one goes
Reply 45
Has anyone got some good last minute revision tips? I've glanced at Medical Physics and decided that I'm going to leave it alone.
Reply 46
Original post by geoman345
im done for - any last tips to recover from paper 1 and bag that needed B

I'd say go over flashcards or watch short summary videos on topics you're not confident in. All the best tomorrow I need that B too
Reply 47
I spoke to someone that did it last year and they said that paper 2 was easier than paper 1 coz, like this year, they changed the format of some of the questions in paper 1, but they didn't in paper 2, so hopefully they won't change paper 2 too much this year. Also, just letting you know, there has been an electricity based (Energy-resistance-power or circuits) 6 marker every year except 2019 (which still had an electric fields 6 marker), so probably brush up on electricity pags. The only topic that hasn't had a 6 marker yet is charge&current which can't really have a 6 marker so idk what the other 6 marker would be
Aiming for 80+ in this paper because I probably got 50s in Paper 1 despite averaging 80s in past papers.

There’s no way they make it as bad as Paper 1 again else I can say goodbye to university.
god i'm so scared i feel like i'll do better in the exam by not even turning up to it
Anyone have any ideas what they think the 6 marker practical will be. Really hoping it’s electricity and not waves or capacitors lol
Reply 51
Yeah ngl after paper 1 im terrified lmao
Reply 52
Did the 2020 paper 2 and got 64. Now I’m really worried because I need at least 70 for tmrws paper because I defo got 50s in paper 1.

Anyone else really struggling on medical and nuclear questions?
Reply 53
for anyone who is also doing last minute revision:
Original post by ihateocrphysics
god i'm so scared i feel like i'll do better in the exam by not even turning up to it

Your name is extremely relatable, I love it. The thing is it's not even been that bad in previous years, but after what they did in paper 1 this year yeah I hate them lol
Reply 55
I think I'm underprepared for this exam
Original post by Z_GAMER
I think I'm underprepared for this exam

Me too honestly. Because of paper 1 I’ve just done content revision and flashcards today no exam practice or questions lol
Reply 57
Original post by Olivia294719
Me too honestly. Because of paper 1 I’ve just done content revision and flashcards today no exam practice or questions lol

I haven't done any exam questions for paper 2. And I haven't been bothered to go through the year 1 content, as last time during a class test, I got a A for the year 1 content in paper 2. And I'm worried about the year 2 content of paper 2!
Except the ones that my teacher given to the class, but this was before half-term!
Reply 58
I'm speed-running though through all of the paper 2s that exist now
Original post by Z_GAMER
I haven't done any exam questions for paper 2. And I haven't been bothered to go through the year 1 content, as last time during a class test, I got a A for the year 1 content in paper 2. And I'm worried about the year 2 content of paper 2!
Except the ones that my teacher given to the class, but this was before half-term!

I think year 2 content is quite hard as well, but what I’ve seen from past papers the year 2 ones like electric fields and magnetic fields are usually more ‘straight forward’ and less ambiguously worded than year 1, so I’m sure you’ll be fine. Good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending