The Student Room Group

Edexcel a level politics essay help

Hi, im a current year 12 student who's aiming for an A* In politics. For some reason it's my hardest subject (I do maths and history alongside it) and I haven't been able to get over 21 marks the whole year. Does anyone have any tips on getting high marks for the source 30 markers and the normal 30 markers?

I genuinely do not understand how they expect us to answer a 30 marker in 45 minutes with the level of depth expected for a Level 5 :frown:
Original post by tinydance.r
Hi, im a current year 12 student who's aiming for an A* In politics. For some reason it's my hardest subject (I do maths and history alongside it) and I haven't been able to get over 21 marks the whole year. Does anyone have any tips on getting high marks for the source 30 markers and the normal 30 markers?

I genuinely do not understand how they expect us to answer a 30 marker in 45 minutes with the level of depth expected for a Level 5 :frown:

hi, year 13 politics student here, for politics, 30 markers are tricky because you want to write all the relevant info without going on tangents however i would recommend adding recent and real life examples to your essays, it shows that you are up to date with the political world and adds relevant and new context, its the smaller things like that that help bump up your marks in the exam, i hoped that helps
Another Y13 here, predicted A* with exams in a month

A* in politics is a pain but not impossible if you use up-to-date examples, stay concise and write thematically:

For source questions, ensure you pick your arguments from the source, not from outside knowledge, and then utilise that outside knowledge to expand the argument you've made

For the normal ones, you really need to be critical of the arguments you make, and keep to one side of an argument throughout your essays; if your intro puts you on one side, every para after that should inevitably end with a reassertion of that POV, with reference to the argument just made - up-to-date examples and specific examples are your friends here.

If you want me to expand on any of this shoot me a DM, ill be happy to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending