The Student Room Group

I need help for a levels

I am thinking of picking with Eduqas computer science aqa economics and edexcel business studies either edexcel politics,eduqas religion,ethics,philosophy a level and ocr law give pros and cons if done any and tell me if you recommend or not and give reason for your answer thanks???
Reply 1
I do the same ethics philosophy and religion and I hate it and wish I'd done anything else. I do think it depends on what type of person you are though. Maybe watch a video about plates cave/ the realm of forms and if you don't think it's nonsense give it a go because to me its a load of rubbish and a waste of time, but if you have a good teacher and religion and ethics are interesting enough for you to put up with the rest of it then I'd give it a go
Reply 2
Original post by miac16
I do the same ethics philosophy and religion and I hate it and wish I'd done anything else. I do think it depends on what type of person you are though. Maybe watch a video about plates cave/ the realm of forms and if you don't think it's nonsense give it a go because to me its a load of rubbish and a waste of time, but if you have a good teacher and religion and ethics are interesting enough for you to put up with the rest of it then I'd give it a go

Explain why you don’t like the subject I think prefer my others tbf
Reply 3
Original post by Brianstudy01
Explain why you don’t like the subject I think prefer my others tbf

It doesn't feel like there's a point at all to any of the questions we get asked. It's a hard thing to explain but with the whole plato's cave/ realm of forms stuff (which I really think you should look up before!) but plato basically thinks that there's another realm where the true forms of everything are that we can't access and that nothing in this world is ever good enough because it's an imperfect copy of the realm of forms and personally I feel like its nonsense. I do history and politics other than this so it's similar essay question-wise and with structure but the actual content is what annoys me. I think it really does depend on what kind of person you are but a lot of the philosophy feels like we're talking about nothing/about whether things exist that just seem obviously wrong to me. There's definitely some people who could enjoy it, I thought I'd be one of those people because I liked the good place and talking about ethics but politics was definitely more for me.
Reply 4
Original post by miac16
It doesn't feel like there's a point at all to any of the questions we get asked. It's a hard thing to explain but with the whole plato's cave/ realm of forms stuff (which I really think you should look up before!) but plato basically thinks that there's another realm where the true forms of everything are that we can't access and that nothing in this world is ever good enough because it's an imperfect copy of the realm of forms and personally I feel like its nonsense. I do history and politics other than this so it's similar essay question-wise and with structure but the actual content is what annoys me. I think it really does depend on what kind of person you are but a lot of the philosophy feels like we're talking about nothing/about whether things exist that just seem obviously wrong to me. There's definitely some people who could enjoy it, I thought I'd be one of those people because I liked the good place and talking about ethics but politics was definitely more for me.

Did you do aqa for PRE (PHILOSOPHY,RELIGION,ETHICS) and edexcel for politics and did you do global or US
Reply 5
Did you do aqa for PRE (PHILOSOPHY,RELIGION,ETHICS) and edexcel for politics and did you do global or US

I'm doing eduquas for PRE an edexcel politics and with us we did UK gov and politics then US afterwards I think.
I am thinking of picking with Eduqas computer science aqa economics and edexcel business studies either edexcel politics,eduqas religion,ethics,philosophy a level and ocr law give pros and cons if done any and tell me if you recommend or not and give reason for your answer thanks???

Right now I do religion,ethics,philosophy and its definitely my favourite subject at the moment but I do agree that if u don't like the content or the teacher the class may not be as enjoyable so it may be worth just having a look at what's in the cource next year and possibly who's teaching it but honestly couldn't recommend it enough
Reply 7
Original post by miac16
I'm doing eduquas for PRE an edexcel politics and with us we did UK gov and politics then US afterwards I think.

So you didn’t do globales nd do you recommend politics
Reply 8
So you didn’t do globales nd do you recommend politics

No I didn't do global but I love politics. I'm predicted an A* rn and I feel like the essay structure is a lot like my history GCSE. We do a lot of class discussions and it doesn't feel like a massive workload rn

Quick Reply

Latest