The Student Room Group

politics a level help

I'm currently in year 12 and we've recently have received our first mock, for the first paper the grade was a low C whilst the second paper was a high D, averaging the grade to a high D. The problem is I do want to get an A by the end of year 13, Is it normal to get this bad in your first mock and how can I improve?
Reply 1
Original post by reflective-these
I'm currently in year 12 and we've recently have received our first mock, for the first paper the grade was a low C whilst the second paper was a high D, averaging the grade to a high D. The problem is I do want to get an A by the end of year 13, Is it normal to get this bad in your first mock and how can I improve?
Hi, I went through a similar situation. I was used to getting high marks in all subjects so when I got a C in my first politics exam I was quite shocked. Over the two years I Found that politics was the subject that requires the most continuous amount of work throughout. It takes a while to adjust to the essay structure but this improves with every essay you write. Be proactive and write as many essays as you can. Hope this helps
Original post by reflective-these
i had the exact same grade - what exam board do you do ?
Original post by JazzyD123
i had the exact same grade - what exam board do you do ?
edexcel!
Original post by dgsgssdg
Hi, I went through a similar situation. I was used to getting high marks in all subjects so when I got a C in my first politics exam I was quite shocked. Over the two years I Found that politics was the subject that requires the most continuous amount of work throughout. It takes a while to adjust to the essay structure but this improves with every essay you write. Be proactive and write as many essays as you can. Hope this helps
Hi, sorry for the late reply how many essays do you suggest I do a week? politics is so content heavy....

Quick Reply

Latest