The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 1 (7405/1) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 1 exam go today?

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 1 (7405/1) - Monday 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 12th June / AM
Length: 2h

Resources
AQA (Chemistry)
Congratulations on finishing your exam!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
How do you identify weakest /strongest reducing/oxidising agent from a table please? Also when doing this do you need to take into account E cell values
You just look at the electrochemical series given to you. The substance with most negative standard electrode potential value is the strongest reducing agent (and therefore the weakest oxidising agent) and the substance with the most positive standard electrode potential value is the strongest oxidising agent (and therefore the weakest reducing agent).
Original post by anon25x
How do you identify weakest /strongest reducing/oxidising agent from a table please? Also when doing this do you need to take into account E cell values

Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
You just look at the electrochemical series given to you. The substance with most negative standard electrode potential value is the strongest reducing agent (and therefore the weakest oxidising agent) and the substance with the most positive standard electrode potential value is the strongest oxidising agent (and therefore the weakest reducing agent).

Added this chat into our exam chat to help others who may have the same question :smile:
Reply 5
36 days left till chem paper 1 pressure and stress levels building up
Reply 6
Original post by Oz999

fr ive only just made it to thermodynamics 💀 it’s hard out here
Original post by Oz999

You’ll do great, so think of it as 36 days until you get the opportunity to ace this exam.
Original post by Oz999

I have a comp exam on the same day and a maths exam the next day :colondollar:
I just can't do inorganic. Everyone complaining to me about either physical or organic but my ass really can't with inorganic. There's just too much bs to remember and it's just full of dry topics that I'm not even vaguely interested in. Also I hope the silly ******* who decided to squeeze in Proteins and DNA into Chemistry runs out of tissue roll after taking a giant ****.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 10
I have a comp exam on the same day and a maths exam the next day :colondollar:

damnn luckily I don't have any days where I have 2 exams in one day
Reply 11
Original post by TypicalNerd
You’ll do great, so think of it as 36 days until you get the opportunity to ace this exam.

yeah just gotta try and not get overwhelmed and trust that the revision I've done is sufficient cuz I feel like once you get stressed your brain comes foggy and you cant really focus and think straight
fr there's so much to learn!

I just can't do inorganic. Everyone complaining to me about either physical or organic but my ass really can't with inorganic. There's just too much bs to remember and it's just full of dry topics that I'm not even vaguely interested in. Also I hope the silly ******* who decided to squeeze in Proteins and DNA into Chemistry runs out of tissue roll after taking a giant ****.
Original post by Oz999
damnn luckily I don't have any days where I have 2 exams in one day

Yh my timetable is so ass. All my exams are crammed into the last 2 weeks of exam period as well. I've got a friend who has one week between each of their exams (lucky prick) and they have the audacity to complain to my face. I'm still trying to find someone with a worse timetable than me so I can feel better about myself.
Original post by flora14
fr there's so much to learn!

Right?? I really can't deal with memorisation and then inorganic is just straight up memorisation handed to us on a plate. Like who gives a rats about what shade of blue this precipitate is or what pH this solution is?? Literally noone. Gonna forget that shi the second I'm out of that exam inside the exam hall

Inorganic is the best imo and A level sadly doesn’t do it justice. Thankfully (for you, anyways), inorganic isn’t a huge part of the course and most of paper 1 is physical chemistry anyway.

Also, that is a ******* amazing insult and I now kinda want to pinch it.
Original post by Oz999
yeah just gotta try and not get overwhelmed and trust that the revision I've done is sufficient cuz I feel like once you get stressed your brain comes foggy and you cant really focus and think straight

I’d say schedule a day or two to take some time off revision and find something that will distract you.

Chances are that you’ll get a strong A or an A* regardless, but it’s still not worth burning yourself out.
Reply 17
Original post by cersef
fr ive only just made it to thermodynamics 💀 it’s hard out here

Im only energetics so far
Hi does anybody know . have just like one document which has all the stuff you have to memorise for paper 1 like key equations and stuff ?
Original post by LOST_CASEXOXO
Hi does anybody know . have just like one document which has all the stuff you have to memorise for paper 1 like key equations and stuff ?

The closest thing you have to that is the PMT notes, which are split over a few documents, but you could download and collate them as required.

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/chemistry-revision/a-level-aqa/

Latest

Trending

Trending