The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by get_in_shinji
i just can't do inorganic. Everyone complaining to me about either physical or organic but my ass really can't with inorganic. There's just too much bs to remember and it's just full of dry topics that i'm not even vaguely interested in. Also i hope the silly ******* who decided to squeeze in proteins and dna into chemistry runs out of tissue roll after taking a giant ****.

i been sayin
Original post by TypicalNerd
Inorganic is the best imo and A level sadly doesn’t do it justice. Thankfully (for you, anyways), inorganic isn’t a huge part of the course and most of paper 1 is physical chemistry anyway.

Also, that is a ******* amazing insult and I now kinda want to pinch it.

How do you get better at it
How are aromatics related to acid + bases 😭
Reply 23
Original post by LOST_CASEXOXO
Hi does anybody know . have just like one document which has all the stuff you have to memorise for paper 1 like key equations and stuff

Tbh, I know it's not one document, but I basically used the thick CGP book as my source of revision. Personally, I think it's a great source to revise. But my teacher compiles exam q answers and notes into mindmaps for us to revise from.
Reply 24
Anybody got any steps/methods to calculate any acids and bases questions. As it's like a 50/50 chance, I'll get it right. Also the same for titrations.
exlcuding lesson and youtube videos, what resources do you use to learn new content?
Original post by quickquestion805
exlcuding lesson and youtube videos, what resources do you use to learn new content?

Just letting you know I've merged your question into our official exam chat, hopefully it means someone can drop in and give you their answer soon :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
Just letting you know I've merged your question into our official exam chat, hopefully it means someone can drop in and give you their answer soon :smile:

oh i see, i was confused for a sec haha. thanks for that
Original post by studynutella
How do you get better at it

Because inorganic is very memorisation dependent at A level, any active recall method, such as blurting or flashcards can work.

I’d also suggest watching videos by Eliot Rintoul and Chris Clay when you are revisiting parts you haven’t studied in a while.
(edited 11 months ago)
Anyone have a list of all the inorganic stuff to memorise?
Does anybody have like one document explaining what i need to memorise for paper 1 AQA
Reply 31
Hii does anyone have like a good synthesis map with all the correct reagents and conditions
Reply 32
Original post by 10lol10x
Hii does anyone have like a good synthesis map with all the correct reagents and conditions

chemrevise has really good summaries of everything, one of my favvv resources
https://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/
How many mechanisms do we need to know in total?
Original post by Gurshaan2004
How many mechanisms do we need to know in total?

too many :colonhash:
Reply 35
Would memorising a synthesis map be easier or using individual flashcards with the reagent ,condition and reaction on the back?
Original post by anon25x
Would memorising a synthesis map be easier or using individual flashcards with the reagent ,condition and reaction on the back?

I honestly think flashcards are a waste of time. People take so long making them look all fancy when you can write all you need to know on 100 sides of A4
Reply 37
Flashcards are good, u can write down the reagents and conditions on one side, try to recall them and then attempt exam questions to consolidate ur knowledge
Heres some flashcards u can use
https://quizlet.com/440208895/a-level-organic-conversions-flash-cards/?funnelUUID=7e97b120-e8d3-48c3-82fe-2271973e3dc4

Original post by anon25x
Reply 38
LOLLL ur username :mmm:

Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
I honestly think flashcards are a waste of time. People take so long making them look all fancy when you can write all you need to know on 100 sides of A4
Original post by eyjc
LOLLL ur username :mmm:

men of culture we meet again :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending