The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophie4462
Hi, does anyone know where I can find a pack of exam questions for the redox topic that isn't from physics and maths tutor. I looked on there but there's only one proper question that isn't multiple choice so it's not that useful. Thanks :smile:

Try StudyMind?

https://studymind.co.uk/resource/aqa-a-level-chemistry/
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 61

Got it, thank you :biggrin:
Has anyone got a document that has key topics that came up in previous papers from 2017 to 2022.
Reply 63
hi can someone show me how they would go about finding the shape of a Phosphate ion. I learnt a method that would always get me the correct answer but it did not work for this shape at all.
Original post by fh2712
hi can someone show me how they would go about finding the shape of a Phosphate ion. I learnt a method that would always get me the correct answer but it did not work for this shape at all.

A phosphate ion is PO4^3-, where all 4 oxygens each form a bond of some form (there is 1 x P=O and 3 x P-O) with the central phosphorus atom and there are no lone pairs.

Because the phosphorus atom therefore has four surrounding bonding regions that act the same way as any old bonding pair, you can assume they repel equally and you get a tetrahedral shape.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by fh2712

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphate
its on the wiki-ped-ia
Reply 66
Original post by TypicalNerd
A phosphate ion is PO4^3-, where all 4 oxygens each form a bond of some form (there is 1 x P=O and 3 x P-O) with the central phosphorus atom and there are no lone pairs.

Because the phosphorus atom therefore has four surrounding bonding regions that act the same way as any old bonding pair, you can assume they repel equally and you get a tetrahedral shape.

Original post by bigplongus

Thank you so much!
Hi does anyone have a copy of the 2022 a level paper or mark scheme please? thank you : ))
Reply 68
hello, i just wanted to come here as a last resort since I've felt overwhelmed and alone. paper 1 chemistry is in under 12 days and my last 2 grades this year have been Us in chemistry. i understand it is looking helpless at this stage but i am genuinely struggling with what to do and how to approach this as i have less time by the day and more to cover. i'm struggling to learn and also practice all the content whilst also having to do the same for my other 2 subjects at the same time. it has started to effect my mental being as well now and i would really love to hear how anyone would deal with revision if they have had to go from a U to something a lot higher and only had 12 days to make turn around. i can not turn back time at this stage and have noone to blame but myself but i do really want any advice i can get to try and save my future. thank you <3
Hi, does anyone have the AQA A level Chemistry June 2022 papers. I do OCR, and I want to do AQA's past papers as revision. I can trade OCR with AQA if you want! Thanks
are practicals mentioned in paper 1 or is it more paper 3?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by flora14

They can come up, but generally on papers 1 and 2, the practical questions are interpreting qualitative tests and calculations based on a set of results
Original post by med2023
hello, i just wanted to come here as a last resort since I've felt overwhelmed and alone. paper 1 chemistry is in under 12 days and my last 2 grades this year have been Us in chemistry. i understand it is looking helpless at this stage but i am genuinely struggling with what to do and how to approach this as i have less time by the day and more to cover. i'm struggling to learn and also practice all the content whilst also having to do the same for my other 2 subjects at the same time. it has started to effect my mental being as well now and i would really love to hear how anyone would deal with revision if they have had to go from a U to something a lot higher and only had 12 days to make turn around. i can not turn back time at this stage and have noone to blame but myself but i do really want any advice i can get to try and save my future. thank you <3

Hey, sorry about this.

Since there's not a lot of time I suggest maximising your easy marks.

Make a list of the topics that you fairly understand or you think will be easy to learn quickly and practise those so you have it in the bag. Also, revise amount of substance calculations and acids and bases calculations as these are big marks so it is always good to at least attempt them in the test. If you have time, look a the topics that are a bit harder to grasp and try to understand them. You can try watching youtube videos if this might help.

A big thing you need to do for every topic is to look at a few exam questions and make a bank of questions that normally come up and how to structure them (e.g. trends in IE or melting and boiling points).

Good Luck
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by flora14

Yes

I learned that the hard way in my mocks :s-smilie:
Reply 74
Original post by student_2410
Hey, sorry about this.

Since there's not a lot of time I suggest maximising your easy marks.

Make a list of the topics that you fairly understand or you think will be easy to learn quickly and practise those so you have it in the bag. Also, revise amount of substance calculations and acids and bases calculations as these are big marks so it is always good to at least attempt them in the test. If you have time, look a the topics that are a bit harder to grasp and try to understand them. You can try watching youtube videos if this might help.

A big thing you need to do for every topic is to look at a few exam questions and make a bank of questions that normally come up and how to structure them (e.g. trends in IE or melting and boiling points).

Good Luck

thank you so much! this feels way less overwhelming now that i have a place to start, really appreciate it!!!
Reply 75
Original post by med2023

Heyy ease yourself into it so first watch primrose kitten whole revision video only 5 hours and covers both years content! It’ll help as a quick overview so u can start doing exam papers. Focus on the key repetitive topics so Electrochem acids and bases for example and other topics ur not quite so sure in like for example I’m terrible at nmr . Practice lots of various long calculation qs u can bank a lot of qs there. Maybe watch exam paper walkthroughs it helps a lot! Hope this helps and it’ll all be okay! Do everything u possibly can and leave the rest. Whatever happens happens and at least u tried ur best xx
Reply 76
Original post by JJ <3
Heyy ease yourself into it so first watch primrose kitten whole revision video only 5 hours and covers both years content! It’ll help as a quick overview so u can start doing exam papers. Focus on the key repetitive topics so Electrochem acids and bases for example and other topics ur not quite so sure in like for example I’m terrible at nmr . Practice lots of various long calculation qs u can bank a lot of qs there. Maybe watch exam paper walkthroughs it helps a lot! Hope this helps and it’ll all be okay! Do everything u possibly can and leave the rest. Whatever happens happens and at least u tried ur best xx

Thank you so much! I'll have a look at that 5 hour summary video, sounds great. Exam walkthroughs omg how have I forgotten about those, they're exactly what I need omg. Thank you sm for Ur help I rlly appreciate it xxx
Original post by med2023
Thank you so much! I'll have a look at that 5 hour summary video, sounds great. Exam walkthroughs omg how have I forgotten about those, they're exactly what I need omg. Thank you sm for Ur help I rlly appreciate it xxx

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjnvQEEejEGQrPT4JVJgbyQ

Try here for exam walkthroughs
Reply 78
Hii does anyone know how to boost a grade C to an A in chem? Ik I don't have much time but I rlly need it and I'd appreciate any help :smile: Like, does anyone have an idea of how many past papers to do and stuff
Original post by RedFoxyyy
Hii does anyone know how to boost a grade C to an A in chem? Ik I don't have much time but I rlly need it and I'd appreciate any help :smile: Like, does anyone have an idea of how many past papers to do and stuff

I think it might be beneficial to take a break from past papers for a bit and do targeted practice on the topics you tend to lose marks on. Look at the papers you have done and list the topics you struggle with. Then try exam questions for these specific topics. When you feel more confident try another past paper and see how you do.

Latest

Trending

Trending