The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Geography Paper 2 (7037/2) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What are ppls predictions this yr. Ppl correctly predicted most of the paper 1?
looking at pattern for global its likely on antarctica as they go back and forth with tnc and global commons each year by the looks of it.
Reply 22
has anyone done much on their local case study i feel like theres not a lot to write about mine
Original post by fallagain
has anyone done much on their local case study i feel like theres not a lot to write about mine

what are local case studies in human geogrpahy?
Reply 24
what predictions for 20 markers for changing places and Contemporary Urban Environments do you guys or your teachers have ??
Reply 25
heyyyy does anyone know of any good websites or links to resources?
Reply 26
Original post by Sh643688
heyyyy does anyone know of any good websites or links to resources?

You could use physics and maths tutor detailed notes
Reply 27
could there be an urban 20 on waste? it seems to be the only thing which has never come up before.
Reply 28
atmospheric issues such as water pollution and air pollution also hasn’t been a 20 marker before
Original post by alex.25
does anyone’s teachers have any predictions for any of the human questions? the physical paper today was decent apart from that standard deviation question 🤣🤣

i did the wrong standard deviation question in the coasts section (i was meant to do glaciers), and it took me 10 minutes to figure it out ;_;
Reply 30
Original post by alex.25
atmospheric issues such as water pollution and air pollution also hasn’t been a 20 marker before

yh im thinking this and maybe they link it to urban waste as that can create pollution issues and neither topic has ever come up before what do u think?
Reply 31
Original post by 16bhatam
yh im thinking this and maybe they link it to urban waste as that can create pollution issues and neither topic has ever come up before what do u think?

yeh that potentially could be one i reckon
Reply 32
Hey, does anyone think urban policies might come up again? I think it was either 2020 or 19 when it last came up on policies from 1979? Thinking of going over policies from top down from the 80s to bottom up from the mid 90s.
Reply 33
Original post by Joe Hurdle
Hey, does anyone think urban policies might come up again? I think it was either 2020 or 19 when it last came up on policies from 1979? Thinking of going over policies from top down from the 80s to bottom up from the mid 90s.

As a 20 or 9?
Reply 34
It came up as a 20 but I feel like it could come up this year as maybe a 9?
Original post by t.4515
As a 20 or 9?
Reply 35
Do you reckon a migration 20 marker would come up in this year's pop'n and the environ' in June?
Reply 36
With 2 weeks to go, how are people actually revising changing places, global systems/ governance and contemporary urban environments???
Reply 37
Just past papers really. If I get to something im not so confident on, I'll go over that fully and then move on really. Learn some case studies too like apples, London docklands on the Isle of Dogs, my far away place and close etc.
Original post by t.4515
With 2 weeks to go, how are people actually revising changing places, global systems/ governance and contemporary urban environments???
Reply 38
Original post by Joe Hurdle
Just past papers really. If I get to something im not so confident on, I'll go over that fully and then move on really. Learn some case studies too like apples, London docklands on the Isle of Dogs, my far away place and close etc.

You got any good notes for London Docklands and apple? Also what’s your far place?

Also I just had a thought. If you get for example a question on specifically on your near place OR far place, can you technically chose either. Basically if it asks for ur near place only, you can technically use your far place as you’re more comfortable with it. And you won’t lose marks because the examiner doesn’t know what’s ur near or far place, do they?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 39
For Docklands, I did a huge mind map on a whiteboard and just went over every fact that I knew then added some in too. Probably best to go on physics and maths tutor, obviously tutor2u and coolgeography for case studies etc. I can send the whiteboard mind map I did if anyone wants. Also yeah I completely agree with you haha, examiners would know what your far or near place was so if it only asks about one in the question then I guess you could choose. But im also assuming if they asked about one then you would contrast to the other study to create a balanced argument.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending