The Student Room Group

AQA A Level German Paper 1 7662/1 - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A Level German Paper 1 exam go?

AQA A-level German Paper 1 (7662) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 6th June 2023, am
Length: 2hr 30 mins

Resources
AQA | Languages | AS and A-level | German

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Best A-level hands down
Reply 2
Original post by Kamil_B0
Best A-level hands down

wrong thread
Best A-level hands down

yep yep
imo its a great a level if you enjoy languages!
hows everyone feeling for this paper? - i did a level german last year so any questions feel free to lmk
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by lol2468
imo its a great a level if you enjoy languages!
hows everyone feeling for this paper? - i did a level german last year so any questions feel free to lmk

im hoping its gonna be my best exam! im studying german at uni so !! the only thing im nervous for is the translations as they can have some nasty words or structure sometimes
Original post by eleanor.sarah
im hoping its gonna be my best exam! im studying german at uni so !! the only thing im nervous for is the translations as they can have some nasty words or structure sometimes

wow thats great you are studying german at uni! yes i agree translations can be quite nasty - make sure to practice loads of translations and use different exam boards if you have finished all the aqa papers
Reply 7
what are your top tips for paper 1

also if i an answerwhat to put as an answer can i just copy a seciton from the text/listening into my work to gain the marks
hi! wondering if there's any other good grammar resources that would be helpful for the a level exam!! i already finished the AQA workbook but none of it is sticking in my head :frown: good luck to all, hoping we all do well
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by ds1405

also if i an answerwhat to put as an answer can i just copy a seciton from the text/listening into my work to gain the marks

you can use words from the text/listening but you can't just copy a section from it you have to phrase it differently
Reply 10
Original post by t0rschlusspan1k
hi! wondering if there's any other good grammar resources that would be helpful for the a level exam!! i already finished the AQA workbook but none of it is sticking in my head :frown: good luck to all, hoping we all do well

This is quite a good website. They have lots of interactive questions at the end of each grammar topic.
https://coerll.utexas.edu/gg/gr/about.html
This is quite a good website. They have lots of interactive questions at the end of each grammar topic.
https://coerll.utexas.edu/gg/gr/about.html

tysm!!!
Original post by lol2468
you can use words from the text/listening but you can't just copy a section from it you have to phrase it differently

Original post by ds1405

you are definitely allowed to directly lift for listening and reading comprehension questions (as long as it fits the question - ie you have to change 'ich' to 'er/sie' in your answer) - this is because there are no AO3 (accuracy of language) marks for those questions

however, you have to use your 'own words' for the summary questions, because there are 5 marks for AO3 on those questions. your 'own words' doesn't necessarily mean finding a synonym for every word - it just means playing around with the syntax of the original text and making it your own
Reply 13
I’m currently working at C (just scraping C). And I really want to aim for B. Any advice?
Original post by lol2468

You can for the listening/text i think.

The question has to specify "use your own words" if you need to use your own words in GCSE and A-level MFL I think but someone with more knowledge correct me here.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
You can for the listening/text i think.

The question has to specify "use your own words" if you need to use your own words in GCSE and A-level MFL I think but someone with more knowledge correct me here.

I wasn't aware of this in AQA as I did eduqas and unfortunately you were not allowed to copy sections of the text! assumed it was like that for all exam boards
Original post by lol2468
I wasn't aware of this in AQA as I did eduqas and unfortunately you were not allowed to copy sections of the text! assumed it was like that for all exam boards

oh fair then.

still though i'm not an expert in this stuff i just remember that in questions it tells you when you need to use your own words i think (for AQA).
Reply 17
Original post by eleanor.sarah

OMG same actually! What Unis have you picked for German? I am actually super nervous but I hope the paper is okay
Reply 18
Best A-level hands down

yes
Reply 19
rs

y

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending