The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Geography Paper 2 (7037/2) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

dont know about anyone else but I haven't started eek!
Original post by t.4515
With 2 weeks to go, how are people actually revising changing places, global systems/ governance and contemporary urban environments???
Reply 41
Original post by flora14
dont know about anyone else but I haven't started eek!

That’s absolutely fine. You got 2 weeks. Start tomorrow with regular consistent revision and you will be fine. Give urself time obs to go over practice questions and don’t learn or revise the day before. Only review content/ case studies. That’s whT I will do , learning from my paper 1 experience.
Reply 42
Original post by Joe Hurdle
For Docklands, I did a huge mind map on a whiteboard and just went over every fact that I knew then added some in too. Probably best to go on physics and maths tutor, obviously tutor2u and coolgeography for case studies etc. I can send the whiteboard mind map I did if anyone wants. Also yeah I completely agree with you haha, examiners would know what your far or near place was so if it only asks about one in the question then I guess you could choose. But im also assuming if they asked about one then you would contrast to the other study to create a balanced argument.

Yes please, send the docklands mind map.
For Docklands, I did a huge mind map on a whiteboard and just went over every fact that I knew then added some in too. Probably best to go on physics and maths tutor, obviously tutor2u and coolgeography for case studies etc. I can send the whiteboard mind map I did if anyone wants. Also yeah I completely agree with you haha, examiners would know what your far or near place was so if it only asks about one in the question then I guess you could choose. But im also assuming if they asked about one then you would contrast to the other study to create a balanced argument.

Can I have the mind map as well
Reply 44
For the local/far case studies do you need to know specific examples of quantitative/qualitative data e.g. Census data
Reply 45
b
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 46
thoughts on the changing places 20 marker being on shifting flows of people/resources/money in a local or distant place?
Reply 47
Original post by t.4515
Yes please, send the docklands mind map.

Original post by scoobywarrior
Can I have the mind map as well

Just attached it here. Hopefully thats the right photo :-! haha. tempImage3JiAOi.jpg
Reply 48
It won't let me send a high quality photo so if you send an email to address, I'll send it over. Also have a file on urban policies if needed.
[email protected]
Just attached it here. Hopefully thats the right photo :-! haha. tempImage3JiAOi.jpg
Reply 49
Also, yeah ive seen it a lot on this forum and looking through past papers it hasn't really come up in too much detail at all so I think it could be a pretty realistic choice for a 20 marker. Will probably go over it in detail later this week I think. I could be maybe about how has migration into an area affected a local place you have studied and how does this contrast to a distant place you have studied?
Original post by licha3575
thoughts on the changing places 20 marker being on shifting flows of people/resources/money in a local or distant place?
what are your guys general case studies for changing places aside from local ?
Reply 51
Hulme, Belfast, Docklands, Salford.
Original post by flora14
what are your guys general case studies for changing places aside from local ?
What is a local case study in changing places?
East end?
Reply 53
Original post by scoobywarrior
What is a local case study in changing places?
East end?

it will be different for every school. It’s usually the area ur school is located. I literally have nothing.
For case studies of changing places we need a near and far place and for contemporary urban environments we need two case studies of contrasting urban environments do we also need a case study of a regeneration project e.g London Docklands and any other case studies for these topics ?
(edited 11 months ago)
If you go on maths and physics tutor changing places and go on the document called a guide to place studies there is a local case study example

Original post by t.4515
it will be different for every school. It’s usually the area ur school is located. I literally have nothing.
Reply 56
Original post by licha3575

icl i agree with you on this i’ve made some predictions for each section and i reckon that will be the 20 marker as it hasn’t come up before
Reply 57
Original post by 123 purple.Daisy
For case studies of changing places we need a near and far place and for contemporary urban environments we need two case studies of contrasting urban environments do we also need a case study of a regeneration project e.g London Docklands and any other case studies for these topics ?

u need like 3 different case studies for urban policy u need one for waste disposal u need one for suds u need one for river restoration and ideally place example for all the urban landscapes so for example edge city i have barra da tijuca in Rio
Reply 58
Hulme, Belfast, Docklands, Salford.

bro isn’t hulme contemporary urban environments for urban policy
Reply 59
How do u guys acc revise changing place I feel like nothing ever sticks tbh its such an odd topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending