The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Geography Paper 2 (7037/2) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

wasn't the 2018 one on threats I think it was something like climate change and economic pressures so that's similar
Original post by alex.25
nah guys critique of globalisation so how it’s good and causes stability and intergration but then how it causes injustices and conflict has never been a 20 marker my teacher says there’s a very likely chance it will the 20 marker or it will be threats in antarctica as threats in antarctica is the only thing in antarctica not been in a 20 marker
Reply 81
Original post by flora14
wasn't the 2018 one on threats I think it was something like climate change and economic pressures so that's similar

yeh but it wasn’t explicitly threats it was like climate change makes economic growth harder but specifically threats to Antarctica hasnt been a 20 marker and neither has critique of globalisation which would be such a good 20 marker in my opinion 😍😍
Reply 82
so do you think something along the lines of "TWE do you agree that globalisation create more costs than benefits"
Original post by alex.25
nah guys critique of globalisation so how it’s good and causes stability and intergration but then how it causes injustices and conflict has never been a 20 marker my teacher says there’s a very likely chance it will the 20 marker or it will be threats in antarctica as threats in antarctica is the only thing in antarctica not been in a 20 marker
yup critique of globalisation would be lovely haha
Original post by alex.25
yeh but it wasn’t explicitly threats it was like climate change makes economic growth harder but specifically threats to Antarctica hasnt been a 20 marker and neither has critique of globalisation which would be such a good 20 marker in my opinion 😍😍
anyone doing resource security? how many case studies do we need?
(edited 11 months ago)
as in resource security
Original post by annaolivex
anyone doing resource management? how many case studies do we need?
Original post by flora14
as in resource security

that’s what i meant omg i’m actually losing it
haha same im losing it too I do three gorges copper Alaska pipeline thingy and something else but I dont really know
that’s what i meant omg i’m actually losing it
Reply 88
Original post by tomato123g
so do you think something along the lines of "TWE do you agree that globalisation create more costs than benefits"

something like that yes that’s what my human teacher said bro
Reply 89
Original post by flora14
yup critique of globalisation would be lovely haha

or threats to antarctica tbf that would be a ve try good question either would be good tbf flora also by the way my teacher thinks for changing places it could be flows of ppl/money in a place , to what extent is one flow more important in the character or something
Reply 90
critique globalisation there would be so much to talk about
Reply 91
Original post by sohan1078
My predictions are
Globalisation) TNCs Apple or UN.
Changing places) Exogenous in local place
Urban) Inequality in contrasting urban areas.

Would you agree?

what case studies would you use if it was on inequality in contrasting urban areas?
Reply 92
Original post by EschoR
what case studies would you use if it was on inequality in contrasting urban areas?

I’m not too sure but for me it’s Rio vs London
Reply 93
Original post by flora14
as in resource security

i think there’s one for water one for mineral and one for fossil fuels im not 100% sure but 😭😭 i acc hate resource security it’s so long
Reply 94
anyone else do contemporary urban environments? Feel like that’s the most popular option
I know I swear its the hardest one so much stuff to learn
Original post by dentda
i think there’s one for water one for mineral and one for fossil fuels im not 100% sure but 😭😭 i acc hate resource security it’s so long
Reply 96
anyone doing resource security? how many case studies do we need?

the spec says we need one for...

- a water transfer scheme (i do lesotho) - mainly environmental impacts
- a large scale energy development and its environmental impacts (i do athabasca tar sands)
- a mineral (copper) and a mine (kennecott bingham canyon mine, utah)

also an issue to do with a resource (california water crisis)
and how the physical environement of a specified place affects the availability of a resource (again, california, but we also did alaska)

it's also probably a good idea to have examples of water conflicts on different scales and geopolitical issues?
guys for paper 1, I used extra paper and wrote the question on the extra sheet but I didn't put continued onto the extra paper in the original document but the extra paper was paired with the exam paper will I be fine!?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 98
Do you know of any good resources to learn about California for Alaska for the physical environment of specified place case study? My teacher has only taught us Aswan Dam for water security, Athabasca for energy security and Bingham Canyon for mineral security.
I didn't even know I needed another case study until I looked at the spec :s-smilie:
Original post by Fire dude
the spec says we need one for...

- a water transfer scheme (i do lesotho) - mainly environmental impacts
- a large scale energy development and its environmental impacts (i do athabasca tar sands)
- a mineral (copper) and a mine (kennecott bingham canyon mine, utah)

also an issue to do with a resource (california water crisis)
and how the physical environement of a specified place affects the availability of a resource (again, california, but we also did alaska)

it's also probably a good idea to have examples of water conflicts on different scales and geopolitical issues?
what do we need to know about health for global governance. think our case studies were ebola or covid but my teacher wasnt in for the lessons so we had to do it ourselves

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending