The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Uni accomdation

I will be moving into Hughenden student village at Buckinghamshire New University towards the end of September 2023. I would like to able to potentially find out who I will be living with and maybe creating some friendships early on. As anxious person this may make it feel less daunting. If anyone has the same accommodation or is moving to Buckinghamshire new uni please feel free to get in contact! Let's try and make the experience less scary lol xx
Hi,

I have gone to another university however I hop this helps!

1. Have a look see if they do social media groups on facebook, this may be full of people who are gonig through the same things. We can see they have freshers groups so may have one for accomdation or may meet few people who moving in.
2. Have a look at socieities as you can always contact them and make some links with people who already at university.

3. Make sure vist the accomdation and take a look around before you go, the chance is that they may have some people there so can have talk with them.

4. There are a few student movement support groups like us and others and they full students that been in your postion for generic support while transitiing into universty. Alot them have social media so can reach out to them to.

I hope this helps and I would at this point gonig to university accomdation and reaching out to societies aswell as any social media groups for the university will be your top of list things to do.

Hope this helps again sorry if wasnt percific to that university but I hope gives you some ideas to look at to calm your nerves.

Tom!
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending