The Student Room Group

Termination my course

Hi!
I need your help,please!
I am disable student
I started my mental health nursing. I failed one’s on my modules. I resubmitted and I continued to submit others
Unfortunately I didn’t receive any grades at all
A few days ago I received an email to visit Uny
I went with my mum
We have been told my course is terminated because I failed second time on this module
Still waiting for a letter from the academic board
My mum started calling Uny and asking why don’t I have any grades
The head of the school told her I had another fail but no one showed or told me
And it’s from the beginning of the course
Also my placements were delayed for 3 weeks because Uny didn’t pay attention I am disabled
They sent me far away and I had to drive 50 miles twice par day
My mum and me requested suitable placements and finally they provided me but that delayed me
I did my best to complete
I was happy because I managed to do it when that email arrived
On this meeting I have been told also my placement is terminated too
I am destroyed
I am disabled person
My mental health is deteriorating
I feel terrible
I will appeal because I do had medical problems and I still have
But do you think guys it’s honest Uny to treat me like this?
Also the head of school said to my mum
If my appeal is successful I can leave Uny and find another to study “happily “😳
Reply 1
hi, generally its better if you deal with things not mum. mum can drive you, but you beter of with the student union rep, and having the disability team help if you need.

To check your grade, have you checked, the bucket where you submitted the work if it was submitted online in blackboard, access the paper and look at the top of the page. it should have grade listed.

Was the uni aware of your disability and did you have a university assessment place in place? for essays, you add that form to every essay. Also on placement did you have a disability plan in place. if these things not in place and they were made aware you can speak to the university student union, appeals process. and admin.

i have a disability, and its written into my plan that i get accomdation on placement. So i stay in the local town to placement. This is rienbursed via nhs bursery. Generally placements can be anywhere in the county where you study, about 2 hours travel.

generally once terminated, im not sure if you can fight it. but i would try if they didnt follow these steps, argue discrimination might get you one more shot. or apply to another program. Some universities are a bit more disabled friendly when it comes to assessments, eg no exams. However you still have to do the coursework. Where you getting support for your disability funded from student finance as well?

little note, student finance will fund you for 4 years, generally, this means you can fail one year and still get funding. and get a repeat year. Did yuo have your repeat year already? if not, you could appeal or apply somewhere else. have a fresh slate.

another option is not to take the university route into mental health nursing, https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/study-and-training/nhs-apprenticeships

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending