The Student Room Group

Choosing between Exeter and Warwick university??

I've got offers from both unis for Classical Studies/Classical Civilisation. Does anyone have any experience with these universities that they could share? It would be really helpful to get some insight from someone who has studied/is studying there. Specifically, what the people and the cities are like would be great :smile:
I don't know too much about Warwick, been there once. The campus is flat and nice to walk in, feels quite secure and pretty.

I do live in Exeter and it's a nice city, lots of shops when you go out, however it's quite hilly and the slopes are rather steep (you'll be very fit after these few years haha!) It's a relatively safe city (if you avoid shady areas and have common sense ofc)

Most of all, look at the course content and coursework, teaching methods etc, or go to an offer holder's day to see which city you like better!
Original post by Anonymous
I've got offers from both unis for Classical Studies/Classical Civilisation. Does anyone have any experience with these universities that they could share? It would be really helpful to get some insight from someone who has studied/is studying there. Specifically, what the people and the cities are like would be great :smile:

Hi :h:

Choosing between multiple options for uni can be difficult, but my advice would me to look closely at the modules each uni incorporates into their courses and see which one appeals to you most in terms of content. Pairing that up with visiting the universities for open days and exploring not just the uni but the city itself should help you. Open days are great for this because it enables you talk to staff/students and get a real feel for the place.

Hope you have a wonderful time wherever you end up going!

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies
Reply 3
Not overly helpful but I've firmed Exeter for classical studies starting this September and would love to get to know some people on my course before September haha so do let me know if you firm it!!
Original post by Anonymous
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by newtonnn
Not overly helpful but I've firmed Exeter for classical studies starting this September and would love to get to know some people on my course before September haha so do let me know if you firm it!!

I'm going to exeter in september for classical studies and ive lived in the city all my life so i'll answer any questions you need answering :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending