The Student Room Group

what is the content of a finance/accounting module?

I have the option to do an international finance and accounting module. Last semester I did this version of the module but it was less advanced. The content of that module was to compare two businesses by analyzing their financial statements and comparing specific elements that I was told to look at. I then had to compare two types of purchases and explain which one was the best option by calculating the NPV and payback period of each purchase.
If anyone does finance and accounting can someone tell me if this is what the modules usually are like? because I did this module fairly easily and I'm trying to understand what to expect for the more advanced version.
Original post by WeWillAllSucceed
I have the option to do an international finance and accounting module. Last semester I did this version of the module but it was less advanced. The content of that module was to compare two businesses by analyzing their financial statements and comparing specific elements that I was told to look at. I then had to compare two types of purchases and explain which one was the best option by calculating the NPV and payback period of each purchase.
If anyone does finance and accounting can someone tell me if this is what the modules usually are like? because I did this module fairly easily and I'm trying to understand what to expect for the more advanced version.

This is very vague, because each university module will vary from uni to uni. Some modules will contain less quantitative material, others will include a lot more.

The general rule of thumb is that any module that involves accounting usually doesn't involve maths that goes beyond GCSE level. It's usually the financial mathematics modules that would remotely uses anything from A Level Maths. Having said that, it doesn't mean that the unit might be a complete curve ball and include stuff on real options, financial markets, and Black-Scholes Models.
To be fair, I would probably look through the unit outline for the specific module to conclude how hard the module will be. I wouldn't doubt that they would require you to have done the international finance and accounting module that you have already completed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending