The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ade123456789
what kinda questions could come up on financial markets...

Market failures in financial markets, why and how they’re regulated
Original post by Anonymous :p
Market failures in financial markets, why and how they’re regulated

i just feel that's gonna be some 25 marker on it or something to evaluate with policies
any predicted essays which may come up. someone did it for paper 1, and it was super handy

Does anyone have any predicted essays?
Reply 23
Original post by ow05
What topics should i spend my time revising do you think?

have you watched hot topic videos
I could definitely see a big question on demand-side policies. Hot topic right now in the UK since we've gone from heavy expansionary fiscal policy during Covid to now contractionary monetary policy with the BoE raising r rates.
Original post by ow05
Does anyone have any predicted essays?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 25
Anyone know if you can talk about efficiencies in macro? Eg. Less corporation tax = greater profits for firms = more Dynamic efficiency = more National output
Reply 26
any predicted topics for edexcel macro paper 2 on monday????
Original post by nath909

development definitely
Reply 28
Original post by s4mm1d3
Anyone know if you can talk about efficiencies in macro? Eg. Less corporation tax = greater profits for firms = more Dynamic efficiency = more National output

In this sense, yes ofc. But dont draw a cost curve and try not to go too deep into dynamic efficiency, like more supernormal profit more R+D because it will become too micro related.
Original post by boneappleteeth
development definitely

Why do you think development? That came up last year for the 25 marker in paper 3
Noticeably, inflation has only really been tested in Section A… and considering this paper was written as it started to go crazy, I reckon that’ll come up in Section B in some form? Brush up on the costs of inflation maybe? Expecting them to ask the MPC too…

Totally stuffed Paper 1. Need to not mess this one up!
i do feel like development is coming up this year....
i do feel like development is coming up this year....

What kind of titles could we see?
Microfinance hasn’t been really tested before. How could it be asked?
idk why some people are saying paper 1 was amazing, I think I did ok but not amazingly and probs got high 60s or low 70s. need to smash this paper to firm an A.
Original post by nath909

could be foreign aid as uk has recently started giving less or someth
Original post by hiiii.123456
could be foreign aid as uk has recently started giving less or someth

This would be an amazing question! I’d love a big 25 marker on the impact of a reduction in foreign aid spending. Could talk about the moral hazard of foreign aid maybe?

Original post by CranApplePK
idk why some people are saying paper 1 was amazing, I think I did ok but not amazingly and probs got high 60s or low 70s. need to smash this paper to firm an A.

I thought it was a rough paper, I think because Section A and Section C were really kind people are forgetting that Section B was really nasty. Annoyingly I ran out of time on the 25 marker, kicking myself.
Assess the economics effects of the growth of trading blocs on the global economy [25]
Examine the causes on income and wealth inequality in the UK or any country of your choice. [25]
In the 2009 budget the UK government announced that a new 50% rate of income tax would be introduced in 2010. This creates marginal tax rates of 20%, 40% and 50%3, instead of two. Evaluate the likely economic effects of this change in the tax structure. [25]
Evaluate the case for cutting public expenditure rather than raising taxes as a means of reducing fiscal deficits. [25]
Evaluate four ways in which economic growth and development might be promoted in developing countries [25]
Evaluate strategies that countries can adopt to correct a trade deficit [25]
Thought this was a nice set of guiding 25-markers to work with! Good luck everyone :smile:

A bit out of date but the concepts are there! I’m finding more contextually accurate questions as well!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 38
Does anyone have any idea where that person who found the paper 1 predicted essay questions got them? Want to find them for paper 2/3 rlly bad
Reply 39
People are saying development however what could they test you on? The trading blocs? And emerging economies?

Latest

Trending

Trending