The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
is there a thread for paper 1?
can anyone help me out as i’ve been worried. In most of my questions i’m worried that my diagrams weren’t the best, and i may have drawn some diagrams incorrectly but still explained my point, how much will that cap me in terms of for example the 25mwrker 12 marker etc. or will it not make much of a difference. Any help would be appreciated
Reply 462
Original post by H1Platinum
can anyone help me out as i’ve been worried. In most of my questions i’m worried that my diagrams weren’t the best, and i may have drawn some diagrams incorrectly but still explained my point, how much will that cap me in terms of for example the 25mwrker 12 marker etc. or will it not make much of a difference. Any help would be appreciated

You’ll probably lose accuracy marks so you might have a level 3 kaa if you explained it well rather than a level 4
Reply 463
Original post by Anonymous :p
Do you guys know the maximum you can get in a 15 marker if you only do one KAA and one EV. My teacher said that you can still get level 3 for KAA but lower level 3

Pretty sure it doesn't have to be lower level as long as your point is valid, clearly explained, and shows your knowledge with application. I think evaluation is better to have two, but as long as your one EV is well explained it should still get pretty high marks. It's just less safe to write one point for a 15 marker, but I did the same anyway
Reply 464
For the 15 marker, I put education and eval for that cuz I didn't know what market based means but obvs that's wrong. I then wrote one more line after saying that another type of policy is privatisation (which is market based) then ran out of time. Will I be limited to lvl 2, or even worse no marks?
Reply 465
Original post by malymole1
For the 15 marker, I put education and eval for that cuz I didn't know what market based means but obvs that's wrong. I then wrote one more line after saying that another type of policy is privatisation (which is market based) then ran out of time. Will I be limited to lvl 2, or even worse no marks?

Don't actually remember what the question was about, but assuming you put education as an interventionist policy and not market-based, I think you won't be getting a good mark, not necessarily no marks at all though.
Paper 3 predictions?
Reply 467
Original post by ow05
Paper 3 predictions?

Hopefully something on market structures, maybe labour markets.
Possibly financial markets as nothing about that came up in Paper 2.
I'm just desperately hoping for a 25marker on the energy price caps
Reply 468
Original post by EleaB
Hopefully something on market structures, maybe labour markets.
Possibly financial markets as nothing about that came up in Paper 2.
I'm just desperately hoping for a 25marker on the energy price caps

do you think they would do that again since they already asked about intervention into energy prices in paper 1? obviously i know price caps wasn’t mentioned but it was probably the most common answer
Reply 469
Original post by m184
do you think they would do that again since they already asked about intervention into energy prices in paper 1? obviously i know price caps wasn’t mentioned but it was probably the most common answer

Honestly unlikely since ur right about it implicitly being in Paper 2, but I'm just hoping
Original post by malymole1
Sameee. I was so confused about option B. Decrease by one percentage point?? What does that mean

It was B, it fell by 1 percentage point as it went from something like 3.4% to 2.4% option A is uncertain as it was falling by a percentage which is talking about the actual value of unemployment and not the percentage
Hi, if anyone wants any notes for edexcel economics from theme 1 to theme 4 as well as in-depth case studies for contextual references, evaluation points and essay plans - please message me, I would love to answer any questions you may have as well !! 💚

Latest

Trending

Trending