The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by npienaar
Does anyone have any idea where that person who found the paper 1 predicted essay questions got them? Want to find them for paper 2/3 rlly bad

They were from the Tom furber predicted papers
Reply 41
Guys for diagrams, do you do them really neatly or just rough to save time?
Reply 42
Original post by spunting
Guys for diagrams, do you do them really neatly or just rough to save time?

i’d say just make sure you just have all the key components (axes and curves completely labelled, equilibrium points, correct shape) so long as the examiner can see what it is you’re showing and you’ve referred to it in your answer it’s fine imo
Reply 43
If we use diagrams in our exams which may not be on the specification, but they are used correctly, would we get awarded/credited for them. Or would it be a waste of time to include them. (was thinking of a liquidity trap diagram for example which i dont think is on the spec).
Original post by dpxtel
If we use diagrams in our exams which may not be on the specification, but they are used correctly, would we get awarded/credited for them. Or would it be a waste of time to include them. (was thinking of a liquidity trap diagram for example which i dont think is on the spec).

You’ll be accredited! The monopsony labour market question in Paper 1 will have prompted a lot of monopsony labour market diagrams, which aren’t actually on the Edexcel spec.
How good were the tom fuber predicated papers for micro
Reply 46
Really hope financial markets isn't gonna be in Section B, but I'm thinking Edexcel might just do that and drop everyone into a pit.

Also thinking something relating to commodity prices might come up
Original post by Sophialoizou
How good were the tom fuber predicated papers for micro

Quite good there was a 10 marker on rationality which helped but otherwise it was good for time management and to be used as any other past paper
Reply 48
Original post by thatonestudenz
Quite good there was a 10 marker on rationality which helped but otherwise it was good for time management and to be used as any other past paper

Hi, sorry I just had a look, do you know where I may be able to find the predicted papers?
Original post by thatonestudenz

Could you post a link to them?
Original post by EleaB
Really hope financial markets isn't gonna be in Section B, but I'm thinking Edexcel might just do that and drop everyone into a pit.

Also thinking something relating to commodity prices might come up

My worry is that the development stuff will all be saved for Paper 3 and linked to the suspiciously absent labour market from Paper 1… and then the Section B will be financial markets.

Maybe a big Section B on inflation? That would mostly be fine, until they do some terrible 15 marker on QE or something.
Original post by ade123456789
what kinda questions could come up on financial markets...

I have a feeling that might be paper 3 question like describe the micro and macro policies that might be used to correct financial market failures in the UK economy or something
Reply 53
if i drew a micro diagram (e.g. tax) would it get any credit or is it best to just leave it out?
If someone buys the Tom Furber papers please send them or at least the essays
Original post by Hashjsdhdhshdj
If someone buys the Tom Furber papers please send them or at least the essays

Yeah same
Reply 56
Original post by FutureOxReject
My worry is that the development stuff will all be saved for Paper 3 and linked to the suspiciously absent labour market from Paper 1… and then the Section B will be financial markets.

Maybe a big Section B on inflation? That would mostly be fine, until they do some terrible 15 marker on QE or something.

You and I share the same topic fears. But inflation would be a blessing of a question.
Just want to point out labour markets did kind of turn up in Section A; the last 4 marker on public wage setting and monopsony power. It barely counts tho.
Reply 57
Original post by abdulmuturrehman
I have a feeling that might be paper 3 question like describe the micro and macro policies that might be used to correct financial market failures in the UK economy or something

I swear we don't learn any micro policies or gov intervention on financial markets...?
That is a nasty question
Original post by pprana16
I swear we don't learn any micro policies or gov intervention on financial markets...?
That is a nasty question

You can apply price caps here! But I think they’re unlikely to ask this considering the two government intervention questions in Paper 1.
please can someone release possible essays for the 25 markers

Latest

Trending

Trending