The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FutureOxReject
My worry is that the development stuff will all be saved for Paper 3 and linked to the suspiciously absent labour market from Paper 1… and then the Section B will be financial markets.

Maybe a big Section B on inflation? That would mostly be fine, until they do some terrible 15 marker on QE or something.

what kind of stuff would you write for financial markets/sectors??? like apart from making it easy to lend and save? how would u evaluate for a 25 marker / what diagrams etc
Reply 61
okay so this is my own fault but I'm so ****ed for this exam and unprepared ; anyone have any last minute key pieces of information i should look over ?
if financial markets came up as a 25, what diagrams would you draw? and is there a diagram for QE
Original post by m00dled00dle
what kind of stuff would you write for financial markets/sectors??? like apart from making it easy to lend and save? how would u evaluate for a 25 marker / what diagrams etc

If they ask about role in development, you can talk about Harrod-Domar - do a savings/investment diagram as evaluation, because it’s hard to promote saving and investment simultaneously! I don’t think they’d ask about the financial markets more generally? Unless it’s in the context of regulation, but after P1 was obsessed with government intervention, surely they’ll leave that alone.

Original post by Manjit Somal
if financial markets came up as a 25, what diagrams would you draw? and is there a diagram for QE

Yes, there is - it’s the MD/MS diagram. MS shifts right as money is being introduced into the money supply that did not previously exist. In theory, that brings down the interest rate as shown by the axis.
Original post by ade123456789
please can someone release possible essays for the 25 markers

This^
Reply 65
Original post by holyguac
okay so this is my own fault but I'm so ****ed for this exam and unprepared ; anyone have any last minute key pieces of information i should look over ?

Watch econdalplus hot topics video for paper 2 2023 and make brief notes on the topics he mentions. You should be decent after that hopefully
Original post by A1ris
Watch econdalplus hot topics video for paper 2 2023 and make brief notes on the topics he mentions. You should be decent after that hopefully

Aristotle ferrer that u?
After examining previous test these are the likelyhoods of topics coming up in any question:
IMF - 80%
QE - 80%
Trade Creation - 60%
Fair Trade - 50%
Infant Industries - 50%
Circular flow of income 25%
25 Marker likely to be on IMF or Fair trade
Original post by Millj627.315
After examining previous test these are the likelyhoods of topics coming up in any question:
IMF - 80%
QE - 80%
Trade Creation - 60%
Fair Trade - 50%
Infant Industries - 50%

where on earth did u get this from
IMF - 80%
QE - 80%
Trade Creation - 60%
Fair Trade - 50%
Infant Industries - 50%

what even is trade creation and trade diversion?
Reply 70
Original post by username50028453
what even is trade creation and trade diversion?

when fta's are made or economic integration improves, there is more trade between countries ie trade creation

however, as economic integration increases and you reach customs union where there is a cet, the country may have to impose a tariff on a good it was previously getting tariff free, the trade from that country is diverted as the member country will trade with other members at higher prices

I think
Does anyone else think that the 25 marker will be on monetary policy given how much interest rates have changed over the past year? Maybe smthn like evaluate the effectiveness of using interest rates to control inflation?
Original post by SumayyahRashid
Does anyone else think that the 25 marker will be on monetary policy given how much interest rates have changed over the past year? Maybe smthn like evaluate the effectiveness of using interest rates to control inflation?

ye think either monetary or fiscal policy hopefully
Anyone want to write a model essay on this?
Evaluate policies to reduce inflation
first point: CONTRACTIONARY MONETARY POLICY. Lowers AD due to lower consumption and higher incentive to save. negative wealth effect through lower demand for housing. Then you can also develop by saying it would cause appreciation, which should also reduce cost push inflation as imports are cheaper EVAL: demand side shock, may cause more harm than good.
second point: CONTRACTIONARY FISCAL POLICY. Reduce Govt Spending, and increase tax. AUSTERITY MEASURES. Again, shift in AD. EVAL: Regressive and inequitable as the govt may increase indirect tax or they may cut spending on benefits and public goods.
Original post by ow05
Anyone want to write a model essay on this?
Evaluate policies to reduce inflation
Reply 75
So what are the major topics that will come up on this exam? So policies to reduce inflation and what else?
Reply 76
do you guys think financial markets will be big on this paper? my teacher never taught it to us, i did try and learn it myself but it’s not really sticking
Reply 77
1. could someone please post the 25 markers from the tom fuber papers

2. If a question says economic effects... can you talk about development? as well as growth and other things

3. How would any question on financial markets come up? And why is everyone so scared? feel like im missing something...
Reply 78
Original post by npienaar
1. could someone please post the 25 markers from the tom fuber papers

2. If a question says economic effects... can you talk about development? as well as growth and other things

3. How would any question on financial markets come up? And why is everyone so scared? feel like im missing something...

They could easily ask about financial markets anything from role of financial markets to regulation. In 2019? I think they had an entire section B on financial markets.
Reply 79
Aristotle ferrer that u?

Jonno Millar is that you ? :bawling:

Latest

Trending

Trending