The Student Room Group

Any tips pls

Hi guys so my mental health is here and there recently had been better but not the best and sometimes I feel a bit dreamy and weird in my body. I recently researched up what happened to Avicii and hearing about what he had and the symptoms of his anxiety it just really made me so scared because I’m scared I’ll end up like him. I really just can relate and feel like I had the same symptoms as him of unreality etc and it’s scaring me cos I’m scared it won’t go. Since then it triggered me to feel dreamy and my symptoms came back. Idk what to do
We all go through rough patches in our mental health, as horrible as it is it is especially common in students. However I wouldn't worry too much about becoming like Avicii, his symptoms can be considered rather vague in the grand scheme of things. However if you have had thoughts about taking your own life, I urge you to seek some form of professional mental help.
Personally, I have had similar thoughts and feelings, so you are not alone with them, just try to keep a close circle and maybe contact your school about any thoughts that are taking away from your focus of happiness (if you are in school that is).
If you're unable to contact somebody due to an unsafe home however, answer back to this and ill redirect you to soem discreet care services you can take online.
Original post by Anonymous
We all go through rough patches in our mental health, as horrible as it is it is especially common in students. However I wouldn't worry too much about becoming like Avicii, his symptoms can be considered rather vague in the grand scheme of things. However if you have had thoughts about taking your own life, I urge you to seek some form of professional mental help.
Personally, I have had similar thoughts and feelings, so you are not alone with them, just try to keep a close circle and maybe contact your school about any thoughts that are taking away from your focus of happiness (if you are in school that is).
If you're unable to contact somebody due to an unsafe home however, answer back to this and ill redirect you to soem discreet care services you can take online.

Thank you, I do feel ‘unreal’ sometimes and dreamy but idk if it’s classified as a disorder and labelling it makes me feel so so upset and not normal x

Quick Reply

Latest