The Student Room Group

teacher student friendship?

i’m (17, F) really close to my teacher (mid 30s, F) and she’s leaving in July to teach at another school, what are y’all’s opinions on asking for her email address or number to keep in contact? i tell her most of my personal stuff and she’s been really supportive over the two years i’ve known her (i go to a sixth form in a secondary school in a London borough btw) and yeah i’ll just really miss catching up with her and stuff ((:
Original post by Supremolga
i’m (17, F) really close to my teacher (mid 30s, F) and she’s leaving in July to teach at another school, what are y’all’s opinions on asking for her email address or number to keep in contact? i tell her most of my personal stuff and she’s been really supportive over the two years i’ve known her (i go to a sixth form in a secondary school in a London borough btw) and yeah i’ll just really miss catching up with her and stuff ((:

I personally think its harmless. When she leaves there would no longer be a student teacher relationship which means you could add her on social media and all that or ask her for her email.
Original post by student200121
I personally think its harmless. When she leaves there would no longer be a student teacher relationship which means you could add her on social media and all that or ask her for her email.

maybe but i know she hates texting and i feel like i'd just burden her like why would she want another person to look out for when she's moving to a new school with hundreds more people? ):
Original post by Supremolga
maybe but i know she hates texting and i feel like i'd just burden her like why would she want another person to look out for when she's moving to a new school with hundreds more people? ):

i don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with that. if she hates texting, you could just update her every now and then with how things are going, or any issues you have. you seem to have already built up some level of mutual bond, so i doubt it would be a burden to her
Original post by pinkwrld5
i don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with that. if she hates texting, you could just update her every now and then with how things are going, or any issues you have. you seem to have already built up some level of mutual bond, so i doubt it would be a burden to her

that’s true, i feel like i might just be overthinking if she actually likes me as a person and wants to hang out with me / keep up chatting after she leaves or if i’m just a responsibility to her which comes with her job haha, sorry for all this ((:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending