The Student Room Group

Is Newvic a good college?

Is Newvic a good college? I was told that it's not that bad but i'm not sure and literally no one around me has ever heard of that college
I went there and it’s all good an all, it’s a great place if you’re a social butterfly but if you have really good grades try to look for an actual sixth form.
They spoon feed you and it isn’t that good when wanting to become a more independent student.
Original post by phoenixtheblaze
Is Newvic a good college? I was told that it's not that bad but i'm not sure and literally no one around me has ever heard of that college

Nope went there for Btec art, and had a terrible experience, so many strikes, some teachers are rude. Gonna be moving soon and I can't wait ! 🤗
Reply 3
Original post by Spectacular207
Nope went there for Btec art, and had a terrible experience, so many strikes, some teachers are rude. Gonna be moving soon and I can't wait ! 🤗

hi i applied for btec art and newvic, if it’s not too much trouble could you go more into depth abt ur experience?
Reply 4

Spoiler

(Original post by Spectacular207)Nope went there for Btec art, and had a terrible experience, so many strikes, some teachers are rude. Gonna be moving soon and I can't wait ! 🤗

Original post by livzz444
hi i applied for btec art and newvic, if it’s not too much trouble could you go more into depth abt ur experience?

I am replying to your message and made a whole account just to reply to you because I don’t want you to fall into the New vic Trap new vic is at its lowest right now teachers are on strike as well as there own personal strike they have at the school. My physics teacher told me that they do not like the principal and trying to throw him off so they can re elect a new principal. There in such a financial debt at the moment making student pay if they fail subjects furthermore teachers barely go lessons!! You attend to lesson and you see no teacher and your went right back home with no work and when your test are bad they point the finger at you and not themselves for poor management. Every day there is a new teacher as previous teacher would leave if you look up new vic jobs there soo many vaccancy it’s gotten so bad to the point they are taking off subjects for A level and Btec horrendous. I recommend you look else where if you want to have a good education as If you go there it is a 100% fail. The tutors are an absolute joke they will have favourite students and vicariously live there lives through them it’s so weird!
Reply 5
Could not agree more the teachers do not give a toss about your education as long as they are getting paied they don’t care. They are so rude and have no lives of themselves and take there miserable life out on students the college itself is underpaying teachers as many teachers are leaving and they trying so hard to find teachers to teach it’s a joke.
Reply 6
tysm for taking the time to reply! means a lot. thanks for saving me lol
Original post by Sai_udd
I am replying to your message and made a whole account just to reply to you because I don’t want you to fall into the New vic Trap new vic is at its lowest right now teachers are on strike as well as there own personal strike they have at the school. My physics teacher told me that they do not like the principal and trying to throw him off so they can re elect a new principal. There in such a financial debt at the moment making student pay if they fail subjects furthermore teachers barely go lessons!! You attend to lesson and you see no teacher and your went right back home with no work and when your test are bad they point the finger at you and not themselves for poor management. Every day there is a new teacher as previous teacher would leave if you look up new vic jobs there soo many vaccancy it’s gotten so bad to the point they are taking off subjects for A level and Btec horrendous. I recommend you look else where if you want to have a good education as If you go there it is a 100% fail. The tutors are an absolute joke they will have favourite students and vicariously live there lives through them it’s so weird!
Original post by livzz444

Sorry for late reply.

So basically there was just bare strikes, and one strike was like 6 weeks long(as long as the summer holidays, because of the headteacher) and it was so bad that my tutor said that my class might have to redo the whole 1st year.

Also many times I'd turn up to the class only for the teacher not to be in(they wouldn't tell the class until late that they weren't going to be in) and in BTEC we had a choice between doing fashion or graphics, i wanted to do graphics, but like the graphic teacher was just so mean so I didn't even bother choosing graphics and instead chose textiles.

Might be my own experience, but in BTEC art it was mainly just year 2s so they all had their tight nit friendship groups, and weren't welcoming to the year 1s, so like for a whole year I only had like 1 friend.
Reply 8
Sorry for late reply.

So basically there was just bare strikes, and one strike was like 6 weeks long(as long as the summer holidays, because of the headteacher) and it was so bad that my tutor said that my class might have to redo the whole 1st year.

Also many times I'd turn up to the class only for the teacher not to be in(they wouldn't tell the class until late that they weren't going to be in) and in BTEC we had a choice between doing fashion or graphics, i wanted to do graphics, but like the graphic teacher was just so mean so I didn't even bother choosing graphics and instead chose textiles.

Might be my own experience, but in BTEC art it was mainly just year 2s so they all had their tight nit friendship groups, and weren't welcoming to the year 1s, so like for a whole year I only had like 1 friend.

thanks for your reply! i ended up going to barking and dagenham college and… unfortunately it is exactly like how you’ve just described newvic LOL. oh well x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending